OP
CamGlacier

CamGlacier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to agree with this, sadly! The Basslets are a pretty group, good-natured and perfect for a not so huge community tank. Perhaps consider exchanging Mr. Dotty for a royal gramma or strawberry. Classic non-jumpers, and seem to form tight friendships with other peaceful nano fish
If my Orchid becomes a jerk I will probably pick up a basslet. My local LFS carry royal grammas a lot but there always perfectly healthy and then the next day dead. Something about royal grammas that are fishy... probably try a strawberry if all else fails.

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me for sounding like a jerk with how I explain things. If a clown is similar in size it will hold it's own. I'm not saying to part with a fish that brings you joy as that what this hobby is all about. It can be very rewarding if you master the simple things. I think everyone here including me has learned fish don't always get along. I had lion fish that should have ate the fish they were living with but they didn't. I've introduced fish at the same time to minimize fighting between fish that usually dominate a tank. I think the only way to learn who gets along with who is trail and error and great advice from members of this forum that have owned a specific species. What your doing is a great practice to get into in regards to asking what you do not know on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here and nobody wants to see an animal suffer for no reason. My biggest mistake in 40+ years reefing was using dry ice in a sump once during a heat wave :eek:. I almost killed every fish in the tank in one fell swoop. I now ask advice and discern what applies to my situation at the moment......Now , does anyone know about external clutches on my S&S Harley that I screwed up today, LOL!

OP
OP
CamGlacier

CamGlacier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please forgive me for sounding like a jerk with how I explain things. If a clown is similar in size it will hold it's own. I'm not saying to part with a fish that brings you joy as that what this hobby is all about. It can be very rewarding if you master the simple things. I think everyone here including me has learned fish don't always get along. I had lion fish that should have ate the fish they were living with but they didn't. I've introduced fish at the same time to minimize fighting between fish that usually dominate a tank. I think the only way to learn who gets along with who is trail and error and great advice from members of this forum that have owned a specific species. What your doing is a great practice to get into in regards to asking what you do not know on this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here and nobody wants to see an animal suffer for no reason. My biggest mistake in 40+ years reefing was using dry ice in a sump once during a heat wave :eek:. I almost killed every fish in the tank in one fell swoop. I now ask advice and discern what applies to my situation at the moment......Now , does anyone know about external clutches on my S&S Harley that I screwed up today, LOL!
It’s all good I do like that dottyback lol very personable and so is the clownfish if a blenny goes along good that will be the ultimate personality trio.

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rather fond of bi color blenny's, Mine just perches on top my corals like toadstool or leather corals. I will say that mine has a lot of personality for sure.

OP
OP
CamGlacier

CamGlacier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm rather fond of bi color blenny's, Mine just perches on top my corals like toadstool or leather corals. I will say that mine has a lot of personality for sure.
I ended up getting a bicolor and a blue chromis today. Now putting them trough QT. And hopefully don’t jump.

Terry aka Cr@sh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you will really enjoy your bi color blenny. I have two green chromis that have endured many bad water quality conditions and still survive. I wish you the best in your journey with enjoying what most take for granted, mother natures finest. I've worked with exotic animals on movie sets and had many animals as pets . The most rewarding has always been my interest in marine as it has diversity that teaches you daily and will never end. I learn something new every day. I don't think I'll ever get tired of owning a reef, the colors and textures are limitless. Fish also have such a variety of shapes and colors that never ends with what I want to own . You just have to figure out how to make everyone get along........ that's the whole secret to a successful reefer. Enjoy your journey.
Please keep us informed as to your progress and wish you the best with what your selection may be. ENJOY !

Last edited:

Lollipop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love clown gobies. So small, cute and calm personality. I have 3 in my 90 display but they are better thnk mates in smaller reef

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back