Ok what is eating my fish

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok all need help figuring this out. I have a 220 gal mixed reef tank. Everything is healthy and happy. Last month I added all the fish to the tank. This is what I have in the tank. I can't figure out what if anything is eating it. The top is screened in so nothing is jumping out.
About a week or so after the fish were added I noticed my Midas Blenny went missing. I didn't think much of it, just that something got it. Then 2 days ago I noticed my small white clown fish is now missing. Here is everything I have in the tank.
2 cleaner shrimp
1 large blue tang
1 large Scopus tang
1 large Melanurus Wrasse
2 large Chromis
1 large clown, and 2 small clowns
1 large fox face
1 sleeper goby
1 large shell hermit
A bunch of cuc (turbos, small hermits)
1 large blue spotted Sea Urchin

Could any of these be eating my fish? Water parameters are all good, fish are all well fed 2-3 times a day. I just can't figure it out .could it be my Wrasse or Foxface?

Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok all need help figuring this out. I have a 220 gal mixed reef tank. Everything is healthy and happy. Last month I added all the fish to the tank. This is what I have in the tank. I can't figure out what if anything is eating it. The top is screened in so nothing is jumping out.
About a week or so after the fish were added I noticed my Midas Blenny went missing. I didn't think much of it, just that something got it. Then 2 days ago I noticed my small white clown fish is now missing. Here is everything I have in the tank.
2 cleaner shrimp
1 large blue tang
1 large Scopus tang
1 large Melanurus Wrasse
2 large Chromis
1 large clown, and 2 small clowns
1 large fox face
1 sleeper goby
1 large shell hermit
A bunch of cuc (turbos, small hermits)
1 large blue spotted Sea Urchin

Could any of these be eating my fish? Water parameters are all good, fish are all well fed 2-3 times a day. I just can't figure it out .could it be my Wrasse or Foxface?

Thanks!
If any, Maybe the wrasse but the fish you mentioned known to slip through overflow grids and end up in overflow or sump. Look there,
If nothing, you can set your cell phone on video mode for about 40 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a bully at feeding time. Review the video and see who may be harassing the tankmates

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did the rock come from? Hitchhikers? Definitely, check the overflow and the sump..it took me forever to get Periwinkles the clown and a fire fish out of my overflow once..

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odds are there’s no predatory boogie man - fish probably just died and got reduced. Happens surprisingly quickly and more often than not there nothing left to find.

OP
OP
F

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any, Maybe the wrasse but the fish you mentioned known to slip through overflow grids and end up in overflow or sump. Look there,
If nothing, you can set your cell phone on video mode for about 40 mins and drop a little food and walk away - YOU MUST walk away as they know youre there. Often the aggressor is a bully at feeding time. Review the video and see who may be harassing the tankmates
Ya I have looked in both overflows and also my sump and nothing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back