Nano invert QT

ClownWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many have asked the question about quarantining inverts, so I thought I would share my nano QT. I already got a feather duster and Astraea snail through 2 months without issue. I only fed the feather duster once per week with kent's microvert and the snail ate the brown slime that grew without much light. I now have a CC star in the "established" QT. The idea is to have at least 2 and alternate, keeping them established. Add a light if you need algae for snails. The sponge filter is all that's needed for biological filtration along with water changes, but a small live rock wont hurt.

Also, you can go with the cheap air powered sponge filters, but an aquaclear20 is better if you need more flow and don't want salt splatter everywhere. The second is my more "advanced" version with HOB and light. Im thinking about using the 2.5 gallon tanks from Petco for a more permanent solution.

Equipment:
Medium fauna box (about 2 gallons)
25 watt heater
sponge filter or aquaclear20 HOB with modified intake tube and sponge filter on intake
Miniature Solo cup (optional)

20210604_152851.jpg 20210629_122304.jpg

Last edited:

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many have asked the question about quarantining inverts, so I thought I would share my nano QT. I already got a feather duster and Astraea snail through 2 months without issue. I only fed the feather duster once per week with kent's microvert and the snail ate the brown slime that grew without much light. I now have a CC star in the "established" QT. The idea is to have at least 2 and alternate, keeping them established. Add a light if you need algae for snails. The sponge filter is all that's needed for biological filtration along with water changes, but a small live rock wont hurt.

Also, you can go with the cheap air powered sponge filters, but an aquaclear20 is better if you need more flow and don't want salt splatter everywhere. The second is my more "advanced" version with HOB and light. Im thinking about using the 2.5 gallon tanks from Petco for a more permanent solution.

Equipment:
Medium fauna box (about 2 gallons)
25 watt heater
sponge filter or aquaclear20 HOB with modified intake tube and sponge filter on intake 20210604_152851.jpg 20210629_122304.jpg
Are you growing a monti on a red solo cup? That right there is a true college move

Back