Nano Max Noise Hunt-- return nozzle

reef_grrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all. I've had my red sea nano max for about 6 months (not new to reefing, just had to move and get a new tank!), bought it second hand, been great etc. I upgraded the return pump (the stock one had the impeller rattling issue, and I'm not fond of the integrated power box), and it is now super loud. The new pump is a Sicce silent 1.0, so not a significant amount of flow for 75l. The pump itself is quiet- through some testing I figured out it only becomes loud when I attach the barbed 90degree angle piece, which then the sound gets amplified when its attached to the rest of the return assembly.I've replaced the old hardened tubing with nice new tubing, no change. What the heck, it is just a piece of plastic, with nothing broken, nothing stuck inside, no air bubbles... Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any aftermarket solution for this? Maybe I'll have to 3d print my own solution. Thanks!

majesticbigmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, possibly try adding some cushioning under the pump. Use the filter sponge that comes with the tank, or something similar. This will hopefully combat the noise and result in a fluid pump. Good Luck.

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got Jaebo 1500 in mine silent as runs a chiller too,

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back