Nano Max Noise Hunt-- return nozzle

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef_grrrl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef_grrrl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2012
Messages
173
Reaction score
71
Location
Durham NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all. I've had my red sea nano max for about 6 months (not new to reefing, just had to move and get a new tank!), bought it second hand, been great etc. I upgraded the return pump (the stock one had the impeller rattling issue, and I'm not fond of the integrated power box), and it is now super loud. The new pump is a Sicce silent 1.0, so not a significant amount of flow for 75l. The pump itself is quiet- through some testing I figured out it only becomes loud when I attach the barbed 90degree angle piece, which then the sound gets amplified when its attached to the rest of the return assembly.I've replaced the old hardened tubing with nice new tubing, no change. What the heck, it is just a piece of plastic, with nothing broken, nothing stuck inside, no air bubbles... Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any aftermarket solution for this? Maybe I'll have to 3d print my own solution. Thanks!
 
Hello, possibly try adding some cushioning under the pump. Use the filter sponge that comes with the tank, or something similar. This will hopefully combat the noise and result in a fluid pump. Good Luck.
 
Iv got Jaebo 1500 in mine silent as runs a chiller too,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new