Nano tank question

  • Thread starter Thread starter m0nk3y69d
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m0nk3y69d

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
724
Reaction score
31
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1 gallon tank that I want to use to grow mushrooms it has one of the little 1-3 gallon air powered filters and I put some live rock from my main tank in it and a small mushroom is this posable for me to do and what do I need to do to maintain it I don't think I'm going to put any fish it it's way to small I'm going to try to find a small heater and I want to get some live sand for the bottom any help is greatly apreceated and I used water from my main tank
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1392721855.332920.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1392721872.314221.jpg
 
Honestly, on a 1.5 gallon, I find heaters to be overkill, only because the supplied light will heat the tank to an ungodly temp (mine always went up to around 85, which is great for freshwater fish). It'll probably work if you keep the top off, but as for fish, I can't see anything living in there (at least not happily). It would be a great tank for a small refuge though.. Grow some pods in there :)

Jenn
 
That's true I never thought of that I really only want to grow mushrooms in it
 
The pods may just come naturally if you had a good colony already in your bigger tank. I don't think that existing light will be conducive to growing mushrooms. You can find a cooler running LED at pet stores. I would be worried mainly about bleaching with the existing light. It's just too much for most mushrooms and you may get a ton of algae growth from it.
 
I can move the light up and down and I didn't have any pods in my tank yet and I can have the light like this so it's not so strong like this
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1392730736.476441.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new