Nano update

FlReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good afternoon everyone haven't posted in awhile figured I would give an update I moved back to Florida had to recycle my nano which only took 2 weeks and became completely covered in diatoms the tank is a 7.5 gallon, I added in some life a few weeks ago handful of snails a coral banded shrimp a zoa coral and a star polyp the tank is doing amazing the levels are perfect everything is doing good and I believe I had a hitchhiker on one of the corals even after the dips etc etc but it's a good hitch hiker (I believe) but today when I went to check the levels it looked like my glass was moving and little white looking bugs almost invisible my coral banded shrimp is going nuts and eating all he can and can't keep up looks like I got maybe amphipods? in super excited and already started my next build a 80 gallon shallow rimless I have 2 pictures I have uploaded I'm not good with the camera or setting the light and yes the shrimp is in there along with a handful of snails but they where hiding when I took my phone out other then that my cbs has ALOT of personality for me and when it's just me he will come out and he will let me put my hand in the tank and just walk around it and won't pinch but if I put something else in the tank like my little grabber he attacks it and anyone else who tries to do anything to the tank, I'm loving it and couldn't be any happier with my tank. Thankyou to everyone here for all the great info throughout this site you have made my first tank a success (so far) lol enjoy the tank I will get more pictures later

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good start!

OP
OP
FlReef

FlReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about it but I don't really want any type of fish in such a small tank though I did consider it, if I did fish I don't think clowns in this tank if anything maybe those small green goby or yellow

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back