0   0   0
actually added last night:

bright pink yuma
gqjeff's purple tip green hairy acro
green nepthia
sunset monti
rainbow monti
setosa

everything I was holding has been picked up...

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.

I've noticed that you have a great sand bed to work with, I have this button coral which is very peaceful and puffs up so much and just a great sight to look at. I got this from liveaquaria, i believe they still have one in sharp bubblegum color, also its only $60.00. Just something to entertain ur mind.

DSC_0327.jpg

And here how it looks compare to my 29g biocube HQI.

DSC_0201.jpg

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah, yes... cynaria "meat coral"... nice piece!

i have a couple of plans for sandbed showpieces already, so i'm going to hold off for now, but thanks for the heads-up.

nice looking nano, btw! reminds me - i need to take an updated show with the white leds on. while the blue leds provides my favorite look for the tank, i know some folks prefer to see everything with the full spectrum running. :D

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would have said....."You're going to put that where?!". Looks great! Would love to see updates when you get it stocked since I was looking to upgrade my JBJ 28 from my 150w to LED. Keep us updated!

That's what she said haha sorry
Great tank and thread !

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
holy **** your tank is awesome!! how long has your tank been up i have been wanting to get a nano for so long. gotta ask do you think the leds were worth it?

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome ! How is your torch doing? I see you moved it. And was all this from an established tank?

torch is doing very well. the orange hammer, on the other hand, isn't. :( too much light, i believe. i have a feeling the true orange hammer was probably collected from a shady or deep area. i've basically traded places for those two - the orange hammer is now tucked up under the shelf where the torch used to be, but even further back where it's receiving very little light. it's still all shriveled up and unhappy, but at least it's not dead. i may move it to my basement system soon if it doesn't recover, where the light intensity is much less. the rock & sand were from my established basement system, but the corals are all new to me.

holy **** your tank is awesome!! how long has your tank been up i have been wanting to get a nano for so long. gotta ask do you think the leds were worth it?

thank you! it's been running since the first week of january. this thread has shown real time progress.

yes, the leds are absolutely worth it. i've been using leds for some time - i was sold the first time i bought powerbrites to experiment with.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank! I really like the gold torch, need to get me one myself;) I love the tv on the fireplace, almost looks like it was designed for it.

Bruce Wayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 28 gallon nano myself...do you find the return pumps to be very loud? they are louder than the return I had on my 100 gallon...are there other quieter ones you know of? Are yours silent?

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everybody.

I just got a 28 gallon nano myself...do you find the return pumps to be very loud? they are louder than the return I had on my 100 gallon...are there other quieter ones you know of? Are yours silent?

the pumps on mine will vibrate and make a loud sound is the pumps are touching the bottom or any other part of the rear chamber. it drove me crazy until i realized that i simply needed to push the pump hosing on further so that the pumps are "suspended" just above the bottom of the tank. you could even trim off a 1/4" of the hoses if needed. try that and see if it helps.

Do you have any dead spots ? Im looking to upgrade to the vortech is it worth it?

no dead spots! the mp10 is waaaaaay more flow than this little tank needs. i keep the dial on strength setting #2. anything more than that and stuff just gets ticked!

i use vortechs on my big tank, too. have been using them since the original versions first hit the market, and i've upgraded them a couple of times since. i love vortechs! highly recommend them.

OP
OP
benny z

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which ones?

here's an updated top-down with all the lights running:

fulltopdown.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back