Naoko wrasse hiding after introduction?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not panicking as it only went in yesterday but the introduction didn't go well, my long nose hawk took a massive dislike to it as soon as it went in and chased it until the wrasse shot into the scape.
I know sand sleepers can go days or weeks without being seen, can a rock dweller do the same?
Thanks.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naoko Fairy is a bold fairy wrasse. He will be OK.
Did you QT him and get him use to eating in captivity? I had 2 and did not have any problem with either one.

I got two because the first on jumped and died on top of the screen. I was in a hurry that morning and did not pay much attention when I open the top to add food and nori into the tank. I found dried up on to of the screen that afternoon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naoko Fairy is a bold fairy wrasse. He will be OK.
Did you QT him and get him use to eating in captivity? I had 2 and did not have any problem with either one.

I got two becasue the first on jumped and died on top of the screen. I was in a hurry that morning and did not pay much attention when I open the top to add food and nori into the tank. I found dried up on to of the screen that afternoon.

Thanks, I am in England so I don't qt anything.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I am in England so I don't qt anything.
I don't QT for disease, but separate the fish from other to get him healthy and use to captivity and eating tank food well before release him to my large DT.
IMO, where you are is not a reason for you QT or not QT your fish.

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not panicking as it only went in yesterday but the introduction didn't go well, my long nose hawk took a massive dislike to it as soon as it went in and chased it until the wrasse shot into the scape.
I know sand sleepers can go days or weeks without being seen, can a rock dweller do the same?
Thanks.
Mine was very simular to yours for a few months, then be came a ruler and cost me a few fish. He end up finding a new home, since I only have an IM40. Will get another when I get my next tank.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't QT for disease, but separate the fish from other to get him healthy and use to captivity and eating tank food well before release him to my large DT.
IMO, where you are is not a reason for you QT or not QT your fish.

What works for you is fine with me.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My devided leopard wrasse hid on introduction and finally popped back out a day later. They're sweet fish!
20200711_110058.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
waitin..for pic's somewhere ;) :cool:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan dude, I have a flasher wrasse in hiding still from the cherub angel being a booty hole, I have the Timor, different target audience, I now have a flasher wrasse and a fairy wrasse hiding in the cube, go me! ;)
It is VERY HARD to get good picture of a Naoko Fairy wrasse.
Here is mine
NaokoFairy2019092401watermarked.jpg

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
beautiful shot;)

Afaylenerich88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up,
because your in engalnd you don't QT? what the heck guy? Who cares where you are located, it's either you QT or be prepared one day to lose everything!!!!

That fish should have went through a bucket of safety stop 1 and 2, minimum before ever ever entering your tank. Even a fresh water dip would have been something.

bro use ya head. It cost 20$ to set up a small 10gal with a 20gal HOB.
QT for about 2 months minium. Corals you should QT for at least 4 months.
Gotta get on that or you will have problems.
Your past the point of *if* and are now stuck with the dark cloud of *when*

So good luck and I hope you go out and get a QT tank

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up,
because your in engalnd you don't QT? what the heck guy? Who cares where you are located, it's either you QT or be prepared one day to lose everything!!!!

That fish should have went through a buck of safety stop 1-2, minimum bro use ya head. It cost 20$ to set up a small 10gal with a 20gal HOB. And QT for about 2 months minium. Corals your should QT for at least 4 months. Gotta get on that or you will have problems. Your past the point of *if* and are now stuck with the dark cloud of *when*

The laugh is not mean't to be rude but the supply chain is very different over here plus I trust my lfs.
I don't like to stress my fish, once it is bagged at my lfs it ends up swimming out of the bag in my tank after acclimation.
The last time my lfs medicated their fish system was a couple of years ago, a fish returned from a customer set off white spot.
I help out at my lfs when I can.
Not touching wood but I have never had a fish disease and I know I can feed new fish properly, the less time at the lfs the better.
My system is designed to allow fish to graze and hunt all day as they should, I do not do this lightly.

4tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up,

That fish should have went through a bucket of safety stop 1 and 2, minimum before ever ever entering your tank. Even a fresh water dip would have been something.

bro use ya head. It cost 20$ to set up a small 10gal with a 20gal HOB.
QT for about 2 months minium. Corals you should QT for at least 4 months.
Gotta get on that or you will have problems.
Your past the point of *if* and are now stuck with the dark cloud of *when*

This is a forum for help not grilling people mate

Back