Naso tang

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is my question. Would a naso tang work in a 5' 120? There are three mp 40 providing flow and three rock structures in the center of the tank allowing the fish to swim all around.

I have found a beautiful one I woud like to add. I have talked qt sizing, but not really tank sizing.

There is a 125 predator tank available, but not ideal. There is always room for a upgrade sized tank down the line as well.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say a definite no :( I have a 125, and would not even consider adding a Naso. IMO, they need an 8' tank minimum. I would not buy a fish that will outgrow your tank until you have the new tank already either. I will someday have a tank large enough for a Naso, but until then, I can only admire them at LFS.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a Blonde Naso in my 5' 150 gal, and had to re-home him less than 18 months later. He grew in size from 2-3" to well over 6-7" during that time.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a Blonde Naso in my 5' 150 gal, and had to re-home him less than 18 months later. He grew in size from 2-3" to well over 6-7" during that time.

You helped with the qt sizing, but after fish research I started wondering about tank size as well. I may have to pass this guy up after all

ialtalal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso tang are an awesome with ton personality but they do require a larger size tank at least 200+g. You can always get one but it would have to very small and consider rehoming after a while.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think its already on the larger size for your tank.

Agreed. Consider that a Yellow Tang is about as large as you would want to go as far as Tangs for a 120. That Naso is already that size.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the reminder of tank to tang size. I have to add that I just happened to stumble across a 180 today and picked it up. Sadly I can't guarantee it will be up and ready in time for this fish though.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the reminder of tank to tang size. I have to add that I just happened to stumble across a 180 today and picked it up. Sadly I can't guarantee it will be up and ready in time for this fish though.

You must really want a naso. :xd:

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that wasn't even a consideration. It is a fully setup 180 and the price couldn't be beat. Now if a naso just so happens to find its way in at some point....

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back