Need a quick response.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for using the emergency tag but I have a short amount of time to decide. I have this coral dip and I was wondering if was strong enough or should I get Revive dip. Here’s the dip I have:

Again I apologize for the use of this tag. I wish there was a “quick response” tag or something but gotta work with what I got.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What are you dipping?

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed if any gets rid of more pests than the other. Idk why but I love the smell of that dip. So chemical smelling and clean.

Mostly lps and soft corals
Most contain large amounts of tea tree oil (has a distinct but nice smell), to be honest you can generally achieve the same affects by diluting tea tree and saltwater, but typically the branded ones have an extra kick. :)
That will work fine!

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most contain large amounts of tea tree oil (has a distinct but nice smell), to be honest you can generally achieve the same affects by diluting tea tree and saltwater, but typically the branded ones have an extra kick. :)
That will work fine!
So what I have is fine I’m assuming from this?

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I have is fine I’m assuming from this?
If its what you posted from Amazon, yes that is fine. I typically dip for 3 mins - unless I see lots coming off the coral, in that case its safe to go 5-7 min. Just follow directions for mixing - I think that one is tea tree based, very safe for coral.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its what you posted from Amazon, yes that is fine. I typically dip for 3 mins - unless I see lots coming off the coral, in that case its safe to go 5-7 min.
Oop I have been dipping for 10. None of my corals have died from it though. Recommends 5-10 for that bottle but whatever. I may cut the time because after the first few mins, nothing really comes off and I’m sure if just irritates the coral more. Alright thanks guys!

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oop I have been dipping for 10. None of my corals have died from it though. Recommends 5-10 for that bottle but whatever. I may cut the time because after the first few mins, nothing really comes off and I’m sure if just irritates the coral more. Alright thanks guys!
Nah 10 is fine, wont harm the coral much, but if you see nothing come off at all after 5 then its safe to take it out imo.
I like to dip them into clean tank saltwater before adding back to the tank to get the excess stuff off, but its not required, though good practice i'd imagine.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah 10 is fine, wont harm the coral much, but if you see nothing come off at all after 5 then its safe to take it out imo.
I like to dip them into clean tank saltwater before adding back to the tank to get the excess stuff off, but its not required, though good practice i'd imagine.
I do that too. Usually put corals in on Thursday (after a Wednesday water change) for I have leftover old sw to rinse off afterwards

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back