Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was ready to purchase my...

Hydra 26HD
48" EXT mount
12" Extension Rail
HMS 26 Bracket

(off Bulk Reef Supply)

for my 28g JBJ nano cube. I ask the BRS rep if there is anyway to mount the pucks side by side and he says no, you have to go with the HMS tank mount. Thing is - My protein skimmer fits where the hang-on brackets would lay..so that wont work. I was thinking I could use the HMS Bracket to horizontally connect the light to the rail, but I'm told that won't work.

I'm looking for a clean stand mount just like the EXT, but that will allow me to set the light with the pucks side by side. I'm not interested in 'TV wall mounts' or the 6061.com mounts either. Maybe a DIY that doesn't include a hanging kit? Any work-a-round ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

BRS Rep: "I guess it's back to the drawing board." lol

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1588.JPG

Here is how I have my 26 hung. I would think you could figure out a way to mount them to the bottom of this and lower it down.

It's just a floating shelf from Menards.

Oakie12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Hydra 26 HD hanging on a shelf above my nano like the picture above me. I recently bought the Hydra flex mount/gooseneck online from a US company for my cycling Reefer 350 and i couldnt be more pleased. The mount holds the light with the pucks side to side.
1483368206083.jpg

OP
OP
ytro82

ytro82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Hydra 26 HD hanging on a shelf above my nano like the picture above me. I recently bought the Hydra flex mount/gooseneck online from a US company for my cycling Reefer 350 and i couldnt be more pleased. The mount holds the light with the pucks side to side.
1483368206083.jpg

Do you have to do any modifications to attach the light to the mount?

OP
OP
ytro82

ytro82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to do any modifications to attach the light to the mount?

Nevermind - I thought you said Kessil, not Hydra. I was thinking you adapted the Kessil gooseneck to work for the Hydra. I think I may get some conduit pipe to mount to the stand and attach the gooseneck to it. I dont have room on the back of my tank to fit the protein skimmer and the light.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1483368206083.jpg

Nice room arrangement

Oakie12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind - I thought you said Kessil, not Hydra. I was thinking you adapted the Kessil gooseneck to work for the Hydra. I think I may get some conduit pipe to mount to the stand and attach the gooseneck to it. I dont have room on the back of my tank to fit the protein skimmer and the light.
Its a really small tank mount.. just over 2 inches wide
1483404606117.jpg

Candyman 305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was ready to purchase my...

Hydra 26HD
48" EXT mount
12" Extension Rail
HMS 26 Bracket

(off Bulk Reef Supply)

for my 28g JBJ nano cube. I ask the BRS rep if there is anyway to mount the pucks side by side and he says no, you have to go with the HMS tank mount. Thing is - My protein skimmer fits where the hang-on brackets would lay..so that wont work. I was thinking I could use the HMS Bracket to horizontally connect the light to the rail, but I'm told that won't work.

I'm looking for a clean stand mount just like the EXT, but that will allow me to set the light with the pucks side by side. I'm not interested in 'TV wall mounts' or the 6061.com mounts either. Maybe a DIY that doesn't include a hanging kit? Any work-a-round ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

BRS Rep: "I guess it's back to the drawing board." lol
If u have that ext rail mount 12' and want to sell it I'll take it

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back