Need advice on wrasses eye

Robert Ranciato

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
832
Reaction score
383
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wrasse has had what looks like a inflamed cloudy eye for about a week but he was eating good. Today he wouldn't eat and I noticed both eyes look bad. I removed him into qt tank and I'm treating with kana Plex. Can anyone help with id and treatment. Sorry about pictures I did the best I could

Screenshot_20241007_181818_Gallery.jpg 20241007_181835.jpg
 
Typically, one cloudy eye is due to an injury. If both eyes are cloudy, it could still be an injury (two injuries actually, one to each eye) but it can also be from Neobenedenia flukes.

How long have you had this fish?
Does it show any other symptoms (not eating, rapid breathing, lethargy?)
 
Typically, one cloudy eye is due to an injury. If both eyes are cloudy, it could still be an injury (two injuries actually, one to each eye) but it can also be from Neobenedenia flukes.

How long have you had this fish?
Does it show any other symptoms (not eating, rapid breathing, lethargy?)
Unfortunately he passed away. He was doing ok in qt eating a little bit but found him this morning dead. I think he might have been in his terminal phase i have had him for 4 years and he was full grown when I got him. His eyes were improving though in the kanaplex. Thanks for the help really appreciate it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new