Need an active fish recommendation

Gatling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I have a 20 gallon Nuvo which has 2 frostbite clowns and a cardinal fish. They're always swimming together at the very bottom of the tank and I was hoping the clowns would swim around the tank.

What's a good (peaceful) fish that is very active? Of course that can fit in a 20 gallon. I have a damsel in my other tank but I'm not looking to get another one.

OP
OP
Gatling

Gatling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for all the helpful suggestions! I wish I could get one of each ;Joyful

With two clowns in a 20 aggression is very likely so I would Focus on fish that can take care of themselves. An orchid dottyback, royal gramma, tailspot or fang blenny May work.
I agree, my clowns are quite small and only swim in a very small portion of the tank. But with my history with clowns, they eventually take over the tank (if the tank is small enough).

What do you mean "a fish that can take care of themselves"?

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for all the helpful suggestions! I wish I could get one of each ;Joyful

I agree, my clowns are quite small and only swim in a very small portion of the tank. But with my history with clowns, they eventually take over the tank (if the tank is small enough).

What do you mean "a fish that can take care of themselves"?

I mean fish that can handle aggression and won’t immediately hide

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had that dottyback so I’m not sure if it’s a bit aggressive like an orchid or way too aggressive like a purple or royal dottyback. The neon dottyback is more aggressive than the orchid but less than the royal, the springers is a bit less aggressive than the neon. But not sure what this hybrid is like

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back