Need eurobracing help....

  • Thread starter Thread starter sceia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sceia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
83
Reaction score
2
Location
Fulshear, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so here's the background of what I want to do.... I'm looking at building a 6'x6'x24" tank. Essentually the same as the King of DIY did. 540g total. I've already got my glass although a bit thinner than I wanted. The glass is 3/8" even though I really was looking for 1/2". I've acquired two identical tanks that are identical 72x18x23.5 (height being 23.5"). They have two center braces.

I'm having trouble finding info on how big to make euro braces. I would assume 4" would be enough. I'd ideally like to NOT have center braces. I'm thinking the thickness of the braces would be the same as the glass thickness (3/8").

Can anyone help with the math on how to brace this with a nice enough safety factor to not have to worry about 540 gallons coming out onto the floor?...lol.

Scott.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new