Need help and advice please!

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much @mahindra.dev I really appreciate the compliment :)
I already run carbon rox in a reactor but my plans are to go tonight when I get off from work and buy 2 reactors
1 for gfo
1 for purigun for Nitrate control
Once again thank you everyone for all the help! :)

Interesting. I’ve never used Purigen.If I had the space for the 3rd reactor I would love to try. At this point I am able to run 2. I’ll look into this Purigen..

mahindra.dev

Euphyllia Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reefer Deez

I have been doing 10G w/C this week, my third today. So 30G in a 45G tank. I can see that my Euphyllia are very happy... Fully puffed and open, swaying gently.

So a combination of removing Bio, running Gfo and Carbon in respective reactors, a good water change to reset whatever happened, seems to be working. Hope this Purigen reactor setup is complete. If so plz share pics!!!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @mahindra.dev for your help :) I am out right now trying to fine 2 vertex 1.5 reactors and a s1 pump to make a manifold to run the reactors but when I do get them I will post pictures ;) sewing update status today 1 torch his dad my black torch one head is completely dead it did pick up some iodine-based dip yesterday on my way home I dipped it in the iodine base dip for 30 minutes the single head that is completely separated from the other two heads looks good I still got my fingers crossed I also lower down the flow considerably I read a post that said extreme flow can do damage to the tissue so we'll see if it works everything else looks happy except the one torch.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm in the process of waiting for my reactors to show up. I dip this torch again tonight it didn't look too happy trying to save the two heads that I have left on it and I seen this come off of the coral could this be the culprit? Could this be what is had me pulling out my hair every couple of months? Or is it just a harmless bristle worm? Please help!

View attachment 20180521_210818.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back