Need help deciding on whether or not a fish is right for your tank? Post here and we'll help!

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some suggestions on additional fish in my 65.
Current residents
Pygmy Flame Angel
Melanarus wrasse
Mated pair of percula and anemones
Pink spot diamond goby
Flasher wrasse (can't remember the exact species)

Considering:
High fin goby and shrimp
Compatible wrasses
Kole or Tomini tang
A group of cardinals perhaps

I would like some fish that stay out in the open and swim about.

Open to suggestions.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some suggestions on additional fish in my 65.
Current residents
Pygmy Flame Angel
Melanarus wrasse
Mated pair of percula and anemones
Pink spot diamond goby
Flasher wrasse (can't remember the exact species)

Considering:
High fin goby and shrimp
Compatible wrasses
Kole or Tomini tang
A group of cardinals perhaps

I would like some fish that stay out in the open and swim about.

Open to suggestions.
I would skip the kole, or any tang in a 65g.

Cardinals would be fine, but bangaiis wilp pr up and kill any others.

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a melanarus wrasse, coral beauty, 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 blue green reef chromis, a yellow clown goby, a orange striped prawn goby, and a Midas blenny. I had a royal gramma that passed a few months ago. I would like to add back a royal gramma and also add a two spot bristletooth tang.

Will the royal gramma get bullied too much to add it now?

Will the coral beauty bully the tang?

Are there any other potential issues I should be concerned about?

I currently have 90g mixed reef tank.

a;lksdjf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a melanarus wrasse, coral beauty, 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 blue green reef chromis, a yellow clown goby, a orange striped prawn goby, and a Midas blenny. I had a royal gramma that passed a few months ago. I would like to add back a royal gramma and also add a two spot bristletooth tang.

Will the royal gramma get bullied too much to add it now?

Will the coral beauty bully the tang?

Are there any other potential issues I should be concerned about?

I currently have 90g mixed reef tank.
The royal gramma will be fine and I would be more concerned about the tang bullying the coral beauty, but since it is already established, I don’t think you have much to worry about.

Peekay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 100g with a 50g sump mixed reef, and my current inhabitants are 1 firefish, 2 banggai cardinals, 1 jewel damsel. I'm planning on getting a pair of snowflake clowns, a fire hawk and a yellow prawn goby. From what I've read they should get along swimmingly? Pun intended.

Jorda320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new reefer here. I wanted to ask if anybody has any experience mixing pajama cardinalfish and Kauderns cardinal fish? I know that the pajamas are typically very peaceful, will they be picked on by the other cardinalfish if I get a couple of each in the same tank? I did a bit of searching on Google and I got mixed results so I figured I'd post here.

thanks!

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping to add an orange shoulder, convict, Atlantic blue, chevron, and whitetail bristletooth tang to a 250 gal. Already have the white tail and the orange shoulder is in quarantine. Both are an inch long. Hoping to add the remaining three at the same time. Your thoughts?

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 100g with a 50g sump mixed reef, and my current inhabitants are 1 firefish, 2 banggai cardinals, 1 jewel damsel. I'm planning on getting a pair of snowflake clowns, a fire hawk and a yellow prawn goby. From what I've read they should get along swimmingly? Pun intended.

You should be just fine with this crew - so long as the banggai aren't of the same gender.

Talo's Reef, are the Convict, Atlantic Blue and Chevron the same size as the Orange Shoulder and White-tail? I could see the Chevron and White-tail getting into it, and the three Acanthurus mixing it up, as well. I know a couple of Atlantic blues, and they're stout, tough customers. @4FordFamily may have insights I can't offer . . .

~Bruce

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talo's Reef, are the Convict, Atlantic Blue and Chevron the same size as the Orange Shoulder and White-tail? I could see the Chevron and White-tail getting into it, and the three Acanthurus mixing it up, as well. I know a couple of Atlantic blues, and they're stout, tough customers. @4FordFamily may have insights I can't offer . . .

~Bruce[/QUOTE]
I don’t have the blue, chevron or convict yet. I am hoping to add those three together at a later date. My thoughts were to get them all about the same size.

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea reefer 250 possible stocking?
2 black ice clown fish
1 purple fire fish
1 Midas blenny
1 neon dotty back
1 Christmas wrasse
1 flame back dwarf angel
1 engineer goby
1-3 lyretail anthias
Few sexy shrimp/snail/
1 Fighting conch
1 tuxedo urchin

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea reefer 250 possible stocking?
2 black ice clown fish
1 purple fire fish
1 Midas blenny
1 neon dotty back
1 Christmas wrasse
1 flame back dwarf angel
1 engineer goby
1-3 lyretail anthias
Few sexy shrimp/snail/
1 Fighting conch
1 tuxedo urchin

An engineer goby can grow big. I wouldn't recommend it in that small of a tank. He is over a foot long in my tank.
20181107_171915.jpg

Same with a lyretail anthias. They are active and I believe they will require more room. Everything else seems great!

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An engineer goby can grow big. I wouldn't recommend it in that small of a tank. He is over a foot long in my tank.
20181107_171915.jpg

Same with a lyretail anthias. They are active and I believe they will require more room. Everything else seems great!

Great. In your opinion could I fit in another wrasse?
Your tank looks amazing

Last edited:

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Most fairy or flasher wrasse can go in the tank. You can even put in another halichoeres wrasse because Christmas wrasses are relatively nice.

Nyx101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. My bf is getting me a 30 gal 3 feet long tank for xmas. I have a stocking list in mind and would like to know if it is appropriate. I’m seizing this opportunity to get a six-line wrasse knowing it can’t go in a peaceful community tank. Here’s the complete list:

Tiger pistol/ yellow watchman, 2 oscellaris clowns, 6 line wrasse and orchid dottyback

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. My bf is getting me a 30 gal 3 feet long tank for xmas. I have a stocking list in mind and would like to know if it is appropriate. I’m seizing this opportunity to get a six-line wrasse knowing it can’t go in a peaceful community tank. Here’s the complete list:

Tiger pistol/ yellow watchman, 2 oscellaris clowns, 6 line wrasse and orchid dottyback

That stocking should work ... and I suspect you're correct in thinking it won't be the most peaceful of communities. Any of those guys ought to be able to hold their own though, and as none of the others are wrasses, the six-line may work out just fine.

~Bruce

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I put a mccoskers flasher wrasse a Christmas wrasse and a Leopard wrasse in a Red Sea reefer 250?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back