Need help deciding which ro/di system to buy

Blb472

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
43
Reaction score
51
Location
Cumberland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out if I need the 4 stage or 5 stage ro/di system. I have a tds meter on the way but I also have the city water report if it can be determined that way. I'm am on city water

20201016_171901.jpg
 
I would go with a 5 stage. Probably best to go with 1 micron carbon blocks or get 1 chloramine carbon block.
 
Not much to add here beyond another vote for 5-stage. Chloramine is a beeyootch to deal with with virtually no reasonably affordable testing option to detect. I could have bought ten RO systems with the fish I lost to chloramines.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new