Need help for 80/20 light stand

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and don't forget the Allen wrenches. They sell nice hardened steel ones there for $1 each, so I'd get the 3 sizes they have just to get them for only $3. The 3/16" ball end hex allen key will particularly be helpful when securing the anchors down. https://www.tnutz.com/product/tnutz-316-ball-end-hex-allen-key/

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80/20 is awesome stuff & really isn't that hard to work with once you make a decent drawing. Here are 2 configurations I've had...
1st is a little hard to see but I had 3 arms coming over form the back holding my LEDs, the 2nd is current.

Hit me up nay time for parts, pics or descriptions. (Ignore my lack of wire management! LOL)

MP40w.JPG

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is similar but top profile is flush with vertical and used anchor on end and 90 degree 4 bolt gusset and have a lateral profile connected both sides, like a chin up bar, light is hooked to that bar parrelel to tank. Wish i had a pic but took apart and getting ready to move 8020 stand

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a hybrid aquatic life t5? Why 2 attachment points instead of triangle wire with 1 in center?

TessGlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great info here already, thought I would share how I designed my t-slot stand and canopy. A great general source of information is https://www.8020.net/university,great overview of the profiles and hardware using great photos. The 8020.net website also has tons of information and tools, for example they have a deflection calculator that you can use to determine the profile you need based on load etc (https://www.8020.net/deflection-calculator).

I made the stand and canopy below ordering profiles cut to size directly from 8020.net, they offer design assistance which I did not use because I enjoy the process but in hindsight I probably could have made the stand even better with input from the experts. Their customer service was great.

P_20171001_122351.jpg

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you please help a little on this.

I got the roll in ball spring T nut - to hang the light based on guidance on this thread.
What i am not sure about - is how does the light cable get attached to this.

I have the ATI powermodule.

the part picture is below - on 8020.net the part number is 13018.

13018_photo.png

80/20 is awesome stuff & really isn't that hard to work with once you make a decent drawing. Here are 2 configurations I've had...
1st is a little hard to see but I had 3 arms coming over form the back holding my LEDs, the 2nd is current.

Hit me up nay time for parts, pics or descriptions. (Ignore my lack of wire management! LOL)

MP40w.JPG

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair point.

But I would have thought the good olks who gave out the listing of parts on the thread would have included that too. So they may be doing this a different way. Just wanted to know what that is.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being creative you can slide it n track and get a eyebolt screw in thread

Fair point.

But I would have thought the good olks who gave out the listing of parts on the thread would have included that too. So they may be doing this a different way. Just wanted to know what that is.

Well I did it the way @drtrash mentioned . Slide the bolt for hanging the ATI through the nut and slide the nut in the T slot .

Regards,
Abhishek

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in the second and third picture you posted - you had a bolt going through the 8020 to the other side... did you make that hole yourself?

MP40w.JPG

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the second pic I have 2 simple slide nuts from 8020 on each arm and a stainless bolt with nut from HD in each. I screwed it into the nut and wrapped the wire around them. Then I adjusted the spacing on the nuts/bolts to get the desired height on my fixture. DM me your email and I can send you more pics and info tomorrow when I am back in my office.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 172 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back