Need Help Identifying my SPS

optimisticdingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm needing help identifying some of my SPS. The orangish one I got at a local frag show for free and I have no idea what it is. I know the red one is a Monti but don't know the specific name. I know the blue/pink/green is an acro but, once again, don't know the specific name. Any help is appreciated.

Pics Coral Identification

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm needing help identifying some of my SPS. The orangish one I got at a local frag show for free and I have no idea what it is. I know the red one is a Monti but don't know the specific name. I know the blue/pink/green is an acro but, once again, don't know the specific name. Any help is appreciated.

Pics Coral Identification
Pavona; monti. setosa; can't keep up with acro names anymore.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

tbrown3589

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was wondering if that was a pavona. The ridges made me think it might be leptoseris but idk a whole lot about SPS so I can't really tell the difference when it's just a small frag
From my understanding pavona and lepto are in the same family and there aren't necessarily super clean lines between the two. I was sold a green lepto that looks nothing like any green lepto I can find but looks almost identical to a neon green pavona...

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
For the first one, I wouldn’t say lepto. Could be pavona but a clearer pic would help. Or let it grow more. And I second that the second pic is monti setosa. Not sure about the acro

Do you have a battery backup plan in place?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 132 39.1%
  • NO

Votes: 188 55.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 5.3%
Bulk Reef Supply