Need Help Identifying my SPS

optimisticdingo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
164
Reaction score
70
Location
Norman, Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm needing help identifying some of my SPS. The orangish one I got at a local frag show for free and I have no idea what it is. I know the red one is a Monti but don't know the specific name. I know the blue/pink/green is an acro but, once again, don't know the specific name. Any help is appreciated.

Pics Coral Identification
 
Hey guys! I'm needing help identifying some of my SPS. The orangish one I got at a local frag show for free and I have no idea what it is. I know the red one is a Monti but don't know the specific name. I know the blue/pink/green is an acro but, once again, don't know the specific name. Any help is appreciated.

Pics Coral Identification

Pavona; monti. setosa; can't keep up with acro names anymore.
 
Pavona; monti. setosa; can't keep up with acro names anymore.
I was wondering if that was a pavona. The ridges made me think it might be leptoseris but idk a whole lot about SPS so I can't really tell the difference when it's just a small frag
 
I was wondering if that was a pavona. The ridges made me think it might be leptoseris but idk a whole lot about SPS so I can't really tell the difference when it's just a small frag
From my understanding pavona and lepto are in the same family and there aren't necessarily super clean lines between the two. I was sold a green lepto that looks nothing like any green lepto I can find but looks almost identical to a neon green pavona...
 
For the first one, I wouldn’t say lepto. Could be pavona but a clearer pic would help. Or let it grow more. And I second that the second pic is monti setosa. Not sure about the acro
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new