Need Help Identifying my SPS

optimisticdingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm needing help identifying some of my SPS. The orangish one I got at a local frag show for free and I have no idea what it is. I know the red one is a Monti but don't know the specific name. I know the blue/pink/green is an acro but, once again, don't know the specific name. Any help is appreciated.

Pics Coral Identification

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I'm needing help identifying some of my SPS. The orangish one I got at a local frag show for free and I have no idea what it is. I know the red one is a Monti but don't know the specific name. I know the blue/pink/green is an acro but, once again, don't know the specific name. Any help is appreciated.

Pics Coral Identification

Pavona; monti. setosa; can't keep up with acro names anymore.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was wondering if that was a pavona. The ridges made me think it might be leptoseris but idk a whole lot about SPS so I can't really tell the difference when it's just a small frag
From my understanding pavona and lepto are in the same family and there aren't necessarily super clean lines between the two. I was sold a green lepto that looks nothing like any green lepto I can find but looks almost identical to a neon green pavona...

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first one, I wouldn’t say lepto. Could be pavona but a clearer pic would help. Or let it grow more. And I second that the second pic is monti setosa. Not sure about the acro

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back