Need Help identifying possible disease

Robert DeWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this week I lost my coral beauty. Now my strawberry pseudo chromis is showing almost identical symptoms. I’m starting to think they have a type of disease. Can anybody help me, and what should I do to keep my other fish from this. Also my fish isn’t normally in a glass, I just put him in there to see better, and yes he’s still alive.

05699555-811A-4BD9-9A8E-6C4EAEEA940A.jpeg D78357EC-44C5-45C0-B4C4-3E884B777647.jpeg 02A34C56-DD61-40B3-8E69-C1A13C37378D.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0195.MP4
    18.4 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need more information:

1. what else is in the tank
2. How long have the other fish been in the tank (ie. any new additions)
3. Parameters (not as important)
4. How the other fish are doing
5. Did you Qt all your additions
6. Did you do any FW dips (for flukes, etc)

Since you have that fish in a glass - I might do a freshwater dip (you can google the protocol) - since - if its velvet - or flukes it might help. Lets tag the experts... @Jay Hemdal @ReefSquad

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I can't really see anything through the glass, other than the fish is upside down. As you know, that is a really bad sign. Almost always, when a fish is moribund (cannot swim and is upside down) it cannot be saved - sorry!

As @MnFish1 said, you need to go into damage control mode and supply us with other information about the tank, in order to try and resolve the problem for other fish/animals in that tank.

The video of the coral beauty is very dark, but it looks thin, and is also moribund.

Take a look at the link below my name here, that gives some advice as to additional information that we need in order to try and solve this issue. I hate to say it, but once multiple fish losses have occurred, it is often very difficult to solve the issue before more fish die!

Jay

OP
OP
R

Robert DeWolfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure of my parameters because my test kit is inaccurate but all my corals look healthy. I haven’t added any new fish in about a month and my newest fish was the strawberry Pseudochromis. Although I got a bunch of new coral about 2 weeks ago. I have not quarantined any of my fish and no fw dips. The strawberry Pseudochromis appears to now be dead. Now all I have in my tank is my cuc, 1 clownfish, 1 yellow watchmen goby, and a cleaner shrimp. My coral beauty that past earlier this week past away had similar symptoms.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back