Need help identifying

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a pretty in depth QT regiment following humble fish to a T using copper for 30 days the prazi for 14 days. It looks like a few of my fish have gotten white bumps but it looks like it's under the skin not on top like ick usually is. It's hard to see you have to be at the right angle. I've added a few pictures. This is in a 250 gallon fish only. And I don't see it on the fins only the body
20210727_170945.jpg
20210727_170932.jpg

20210727_170744.jpg 20210727_170746.jpg 20210727_170933.jpg 20210727_170932.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see in the pics. Spots not being on the fins does help rule out ich. Another way to do that is to "map" some of the spots - pick some random spots on the fish and note their location. If they are in the same location after 36 hours, it is unlikely to be ich.

No quarantine process is 100% effective, but the one you outlined is pretty standard. How many doses of prazi did you run?

So - what could they be if not ich? Tough to say, even with a crystal clear picture, gross visual symptoms are often not sufficient for a positive diagnosis.

Jay

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to see in the pics. Spots not being on the fins does help rule out ich. Another way to do that is to "map" some of the spots - pick some random spots on the fish and note their location. If they are in the same location after 36 hours, it is unlikely to be ich.

No quarantine process is 100% effective, but the one you outlined is pretty standard. How many doses of prazi did you run?

So - what could they be if not ich? Tough to say, even with a crystal clear picture, gross visual symptoms are often not sufficient for a positive diagnosis.

Jay
Yes it's very odd because the bumps appear to be under the skin. I run prazi two doses a week apart. On a side note I have been running vibrant for 5 weeks now due to a hair algae outbreak

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's very odd because the bumps appear to be under the skin. I run prazi two doses a week apart. On a side note I have been running vibrant for 5 weeks now due to a hair algae outbreak
There are digenean trematodes that live deeper under a fish’s skin. They are tough to control, but due to their complicated life cycle with multiple hosts, they don’t spread. I don’t think the use of vibrant has any relation to the spots.
Jay

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are digenean trematodes that live deeper under a fish’s skin. They are tough to control, but due to their complicated life cycle with multiple hosts, they don’t spread. I don’t think the use of vibrant has any relation to the spots.
Jay
Thank you so much for the information is there any treatment?

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any treatment for digenean trematodes? I can't really find information. Do a few rounds of prazipro?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back