Need help programming apex with dimmable leds

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intensity is correct. Ramping not working correctly. This is my setup. they go on and off and use correct intensity. Just now ramping. Any help is great fully appreciated.

Profile: pf1
Profile name Blueup
Profile type Ramp
Ramp time 120
Start intensity 0
End Intensity 100

Profile: pf3
Profile name Bluedn
Profile type Ramp
Ramp time 120
Start intensity 100
End Intensity 0

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 10:00 to 12:00 Then blueup
If Time 12:00 to 21:00 Then ON
If Time 21:00 to 23:00 Then bluedn

Profile: pf2
Profile name Whiteup
Profile type Ramp
Ramp time 120
Start intensity 0
End Intensity 50

Profile: pf4
Profile name Whitedn
Profile type Ramp
Ramp time 120
Start intensity 50
End Intensity 0

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 12:00 to 20:00 Then whiteup
If Time 20:00 to 22:00 Then whitedn

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Programming for blue looks alright. For your whites, I would change the first If Time statement and add one, like you have in the blue
If Time 12:00 to 14:00 Then whiteup
If Time 14:00 to 20:00 Then ON
Just in case you change your lighting manually, it will go back to the right place when you set it to Auto.

However, this wouldn't cause an issue with your dimming. Are you sure that your LEDs are dimmable? Are you sure that they are wired correctly?

CJ

OP
OP
J

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. My fixture is the new Apollo Dimmable. It uses a ethernet cable to direct connect to apex. Would the code you suggested, still only let my whites dim at 50 percent max? I want to slowly acclimate corals to new light. Thank you again.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. My fixture is the new Apollo Dimmable. It uses a ethernet cable to direct connect to apex. Would the code you suggested, still only let my whites dim at 50 percent max? I want to slowly acclimate corals to new light. Thank you again.

Good point, no it wouldn't (unless you have the ability to manually adjust the voltage as you can with DIY ones). I'm not sure what else it could be unless you have bad variable output ports.

CJ

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think the problem is in the programing....... yours is
If Time 10:00 to 12:00 Then BlueUp
If Time 12:00 to 21:00 Then ON
If Time 21:00 to 23:00 Then BlueDn

you have to have a 3rd profile created for the 2nd line ( If Time 12:00 to 21:00 Then ON )....... write another profile under PF3 telling the controller what you want it to do between the times of 12:00 and 21:00......like in your profiles write another one saying ramp time 0 start intensity(what ever you have in your BlueUp profile) and the same for end intensity......so it should look like this....

If Time 10:00 to 12:00 Then BlueUp
If Time 12:00 to 21:00 Then Blue1 (or what ever you name your 3rd profile telling it to run at that intensity)
If Time 21:00 to 23:00 Then BlueDn

that should help you.......cant just put ON in that line...because on as far as the controller is concerned is 100% intensity......i hope this makes sense to you

OP
OP
J

Jdoenumber2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what the problem was, i kept on changing things. It didn't get the full time to ramp down before the time set was over. Only way to accurately determine is to leave code alone for a few days and observe. Thanks for the tip fox. Im definitely gonna implement that code.

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a problem....glad i could help...i see your running the Apollo's also......i just ordered my second one today....i need 3 all together......i am really loving these fixtures...how are you loking yours ??

Last edited:

Bikeboss11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For month I been running my system at 100% and thinking I was running it at 70%..... It has caused all my new corals to fade in color until they acclimate to the light...... Thanks Jdoe for asking this question and thanks fox and everyone else for working out the issue....

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back