Need help programming my automatic water change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rogger Castells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a water change system connected to my profilux which I can execute manually through a sequence of turning switches on and off.
The sequence is very predictable and I would like to automated with a macro programming.

These are the steps:

1-Turn on Switch Channel 16
2-shut off SC 1
3-turn on SC 4
4-wait 30sec
5-turn on SC 17
6-wait 2:30min
7-turn on SC 1
8-wait 30 seconds more and shut off channels 16 and 17
9-wait 2 mins and shut off SC4

DONE
What is critical is that there is exactly 3 min between step 5 and step 8

Also critical that everything goes back to automatic state
Please let me know where I can program this, is it a programable logic, if so, how do I do it?

Thank You

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure on that. I will try figure it out but I am not sure I can do it. I need a little more information about what you want to do. What the SC 1 do during normal run as an example. If you do not want to post your configuration here - please use PM. However - if I will be up with a solution - I post it here. Do you have a P3. X or a P4?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rogger Castells

Rogger Castells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, I don’t have a problem posting here.

I have a p4
The Sc 1 is my main pump, it must be shut off at the beginning of the process to allow the most tank water to fill the sump and soon after exit the sump first as I have an automatic drain that is connected to an actuator valve. It also needs to come back on about 30 seconds before the new water finish entering the tank because once that happens the level in the pump chamber must be as close to normal functioning level to start reverting the tank to normal functioning.

SC4 is the actuator valve at the sump drain that allow the old water to be displace out.

SC 16 is the mixing and water change pump located outside

SC17 is a 3 way actuator valve that controls the water pumped by SC16 it either goes to the main display (on) for a water change or circulates back into the mixing tank (off)

It actually a pretty simple water change, the drain is located in the last chamber of the sump where the return pump is, it has an opening that is level with the water line, it’s normally close but when I open it and the water level rises in the sump it exits through the drain outside the house.
The new water is being mix outside with a pump that is connected to a three way actuated valve on one connection it returns the water back to the mixing tank and when it switches on it turns the flow into a pipe that is plumbed to my tanks main return line in essence bringing new water into the the display and displacing the water out the drain in the bottom.
The new water tank takes exactly 3 min to empty the content into the display and since it is displacing and draining the old water in the sump at the same time new one is entering the display once the water empties outside the water change is done.

I could probably take a video so you could see it better

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

I need to check things that I do not have in my head. I have a P4 to test with. I suppose you have switching relays to you valves.

It will take some time for me because I'm working part time for the moment. If some one else have ideas - please chime in

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rogger Castells

Rogger Castells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You, yes, both valves are on switching relays so there is only need to turn one of the legs on and off for it to actuate

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point 4 - you have 30 sec - could it be 1 min (60 sec) instead?

I understand that it is a WC. Do you want it to happen every Friday at 16:00 as an example or do you want to start it by your self

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rogger Castells

Rogger Castells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it could be 60 sec, I would like to programmed as a maintenance widget, it shouldn’t be scheduled, only when requested

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one solution for scheduled time build on one timer only. The only thing you have to do is to change the time and day for timer 1 in my example.

This will give you a very exact function. I did try with maintenance function but I do not trust the time setting there. If you want to look at the timer solution - I can post it here, To solve it with the maintenance function I can´t do it this evening (it is 23:00 here :)) - I will do it tomorrow

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the first solution

Note the timer. You need to go in here - set the time and check the day - after the whole cycle - just go in and uncheck all days. To the left - note that S1 - timer 1 should be inverted

start.JPG

Now have the process started

time 0.JPG

After 30 seconds

time 0 001.JPG

After 180 sec

time 0 002.JPG

After 210 seconds

time 0 003.JPG

After 330 seconds

time 0 004.JPG

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a working programming there you can start everything with help of pressing maintenance 1

Working normal

time 0 005.JPG

Start

time 0.JPG

After 30 seconds

time 0 001.JPG

After 3 min (180 seconds)

time 0 002.JPG

After 3.5 min (210 seconds)

time 0 003.JPG

After 5.5 min (330 seconds)

time 0 004.JPG

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AWC is very simple.
I use two level sensors and the Profilux's included auto water change programming.
How it works is simple. You need two level sensors and any two pumps.
Mine is on a single timer that gets initiated several times per day. Once initiated, the regular Level function is deactivated, and the socket that controls the "drain water" pump is turned on. Once the water level in my sump reaches the lower level sensor, that socket is turned off and the socket that controls the "fill water" pump is turned on. Once the water level in my sump reaches the upper level sensor, this socket is turned off and my normal Level function returns to normal. AWC complete, and it was all automatic. All programmed using the Level Sensor settings and one Timer. Also, there is no pump calibration needed. The exact amount of water that was removed is what is put back in.

OP
OP
Rogger Castells

Rogger Castells

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AWC is very simple.
I use two level sensors and the Profilux's included auto water change programming.
How it works is simple. You need two level sensors and any two pumps.
Mine is on a single timer that gets initiated several times per day. Once initiated, the regular Level function is deactivated, and the socket that controls the "drain water" pump is turned on. Once the water level in my sump reaches the lower level sensor, that socket is turned off and the socket that controls the "fill water" pump is turned on. Once the water level in my sump reaches the upper level sensor, this socket is turned off and my normal Level function returns to normal. AWC complete, and it was all automatic. All programmed using the Level Sensor settings and one Timer. Also, there is no pump calibration needed. The exact amount of water that was removed is what is put back in.

Yes that sound clever, I had to read it a few times to understand it, but I got it, personally I am not into the set it and forget it water change nor continues water change, I like larger water changes, it is a personal preference.
I clean my sump bottom while I am doing the water change and sometimes vacuum any accumulation sediment in the display. That has work good for me.
Thanks for sharing

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very confusing to get everything set up in myghl, thats for sure! Owning an Apex to a ProfiLux I struggle too mate but they have great tech support on there forums.. Getting closer to setting up my #p4 and new #MaxiSA doser for my AWC system thats connected to my saltwater mixing station.

GHLMaxiSA.JPG

P4&MaxiSA.JPG

50 GALLON MIXING.JPG

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that sound clever, I had to read it a few times to understand it, but I got it, personally I am not into the set it and forget it water change nor continues water change, I like larger water changes, it is a personal preference.
I clean my sump bottom while I am doing the water change and sometimes vacuum any accumulation sediment in the display. That has work good for me.
Thanks for sharing
Even simpler then.... no timer needed. ;)
Just initiate it by choosing "water change 1" if you have the Touch display or "start water change" within GCC or MyGHL in the level sensor settings.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back