Need help reading redsea magnesium kit

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you did the test correctly, there is 0,36 ml left in the seringe which means you used 0,64 ml.

0,64 ml used = 1280 ppm magnesium.

eta : or maybe not. Did you use the original seringe that came with the kit ? It looks like a different one and if so, it won’t work.

OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your picture doesn't show anything. Perhaps I'm confused - I've done this test like 100 times. I cannot fathom a reason why it would be 1000. So - therefore - I'm questioning the

your picture doesn't show anything. Perhaps I'm confused - I've done this test like 100 times. I cannot fathom a reason why it would be 1000. So - therefore - I'm questioning the veracity of the test itself
Lol your right it very well could be off i gotta re do it i was checking cuz i gotta maxima clam and i got a mixed reef and well it looks fine i havnt tested in about 3 months

Attachments

• 17025006709435920688742166634626.jpg
    17025006709435920688742166634626.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your picture doesn't show anything. Perhaps I'm confused - I've done this test like 100 times. I cannot fathom a reason why it would be 1000. So - therefore - I'm questioning the

your picture doesn't show anything. Perhaps I'm confused - I've done this test like 100 times. I cannot fathom a reason why it would be 1000. So - therefore - I'm questioning the veracity of the test itself
Lol your right it very well could be off i gotta re do it i was checking cuz i gotta maxima clam and i got a mixed reef and well it looks fine i havnt tested in about 3 m
Not necessarily:). please make your comments. But - a Mg of 1000 Is very low. We both should have asked 'is there a possibility of your Mg being that low'? Why did you measure?
I think its low because for the longest i thought brightwells code a and b had magnesium in it i herd it dosnt off a few threads

OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you did the test correctly, there is 0,36 ml left in the seringe which means you used 0,64 ml.

0,64 ml used = 1280 ppm magnesium.

eta : or maybe not. Did you use the original seringe that came with the kit ? It looks like a different one and if so, it won’t work.
Yes the numbers rubed off the last one so got a replacment your right. Does it look like the white one ii didnt use ill re test with the white one and repost

17025013495087535856530435638650.jpg

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is there a syringe in your vial? Second, the numbers on your syringe aren't visible completely? Can you go through the steps you did to get this?

However - based on what I think your readings are - but its impossible to tell - your Mg is between 1100 or so - and 1300 or so
Yes there is soooooo much wrong with what's going on here. Why is the syringe in the vile? Why do you have 2 different syringes with 2 different graduations?

Use the one that came with the kit. If this is like the Aquaforest Kit (which from the instructions it looks like it's pretty similar) you're gonna fill the syringe up to the 1mL line with the cap on (the bubble is accounted for), and add drop by drop until you see the color change from pink to blue. Then look at where the lower part of the plunger is and read that number ex. 0.15. Use the chart to see what your mag level is.

OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is soooooo much wrong with what's going on here. Why is the syringe in the vile? Why do you have 2 different syringes with 2 different graduations?

Use the one that came with the kit. If this is like the Aquaforest Kit (which from the instructions it looks like it's pretty similar) you're gonna fill the syringe up to the 1mL line with the cap on (the bubble is accounted for), and add drop by drop until you see the color change from pink to blue. Then look at where the lower part of the plunger is and read that number ex. 0.15. Use the chart to see what your mag level is.
I think i got it right now let me know

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal.

All in all, use RMM and avoid the angst.

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its reading .66 whitch says 1320
When your syringe is fully full at the start is the plunger at 1.0 or do you put the top of the bubble at 1.0?

The instructions tell you to put the plunger at 1.0, with the bubble offsetting the volume in the end of the syringe.

If you did this then the plunger moved from 1.0 to 0.5 and you either have very very low magnesium, or there’s some test error. Are you mixing the first reagant per the instruction to shake for 15 seconds between drops?

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’m missing something as you and Mnfish have both commented this, but isn’t the syringe in the syringe holder per the test instructions?

OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your syringe is fully full at the start is the plunger at 1.0 or do you put the top of the bubble at 1.0?

The instructions tell you to put the plunger at 1.0, with the bubble offsetting the volume in the end of the syringe.

If you did this then the plunger moved from 1.0 to 0.5 and you either have very very low magnesium, or there’s some test error. Are you mixing the first reagant per the instruction to shake

You used 5.2 ML so your magnesium is 1040
I did another test i think i used a wrong syringe retest at end of thread sry

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’m missing something as you and Mnfish have both commented this, but isn’t the syringe in the syringe holder per the test instructions?
Ya his updated test pic was much more clear. It's a background to help read the numbers better. 1st pic looked like it was in the vile lol

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting a syringe of a titrating agent into the vial may extremely change the results
You clearly haven't used this test (or not used it per the provided equipment and directions!)

Your posts lately are hilarious :face-with-tears-of-joy:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used 5.2 ML so your magnesium is 1040
No, he used .63. He overfilled the syringe and so the end result needs to be read where meniscus is. (Admittedly NOT the correct way to perform the test, but the best way to read it given the extra liquid...)

OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make sure the plunger (not bubble) is exactly at 0 when fully filled and you read from the plunger
Usally would but had to account for this thing at the end
You clearly haven't used this test (or not used it per the provided equipment and directions!)

Your posts lately are hilarious :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I wouldnt be threading a post now would i,your so smart,Genius this guy

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back