EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usally would but had to account for this thing at the end

I wouldnt be threading a post now would i,your so smart,Genius this guy
The "thing at the end" is accounted for. Just follow the instructions and don't assume you need to change anything. They are very clear and will tell you exactly what to do. :)

OP
OP
Quasar child

Quasar child

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "thing at the end" is accounted for. Just follow the instructions and don't assume you need to change anything. They are very clear and will tell you exactly what to do. :)
Is meniscus to be taken in to consideration with all measurements its hard to tell with these syringes

Last edited:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is minuscus to be taken in to consideration with all measurements its hard to tell with these syringes
You look at the bottom of the black stopper for drawing up the reagent and finding the amount used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213-163912~2.png
    Screenshot_20231213-163912~2.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 15

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
RHF needs to start a Q/C thread for this Red C test. It is Too difficult for anyone to use without starting a thread on fire about the results that no one can agree upon, even when the pictures show the process!

problem solved GIF
Tom Hanks Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
Only one person seems to have a problem....

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought I'd see such "passionate" conversation on a thread about magnesium testing :grinning-squinting-face:
Sometimes it ends up being the last straw in a series of ridiculous posts ;)

@Quasar child , I'm sorry for derailing your thread.

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most confusing thread I’ve read in a long time.

To the OP, reading the instructions for the test and following them would have taken you a fraction of the time posting here took you. And you would have been done a long time ago.

It’s really important to follow instructions carefully when doing any test at all for your reef tank. Don’t assume and do what you think.

I’m sure you’ll get it right if you take your time.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most confusing thread I’ve read in a long time.

To the OP, reading the instructions for the test and following them would have taken you a fraction of the time posting here took you. And you would have been done a long time ago.

It’s really important to follow instructions carefully when doing any test at all for your reef tank. Don’t assume and do what you think.

I’m sure you’ll get it right if you take your time.
I’m going out on a limb and thinking that the OP came on here for help because that had the wrong syringe in the kit and that caused everyone to have difficulty figuring out what we all were looking at.

If we can’t provide useful help to each other then what are we doing here?

Merry Christmas to all my friends and enemies and family and loved ones and my wife wants me to stop posting…

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1260ppm used .63ml Ignore the airgap

The statement to ignore that air gap is certainly the recommended procedure to use any syringe, but it might confuse the OP here since he is presumably forced to measure from the air/water interface both at the start and finish of the titration (which is OK) since he overfilled the syringe past the 0 mL line and pulled the air/water line up to the 0 mL line.

For the OP, here's how to properly read a syringe:

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its interesting to see people are so passionate about a mag test lol. Its a pretty straight forward titration test, not sure what the issues are. Just follow the directions or watch the youtube videos on how to do it. I agree with the one post who said they should have reversed the numbers on the syringe, but I guess then they would have to make a special one instead of the mass produced ones. My elementary math fails me sometimes lol.

You could also just use randy holmes method which is the easiest and you don't have to worry about it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 99 48.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back