Need help rock turning brown .

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alan600
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alan600

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
275
Reaction score
7
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past week I been noticing the some of my LR has been turning brow and it's getting darker and darker . Does any body know what that can be ? Here's a pic of it
image.jpg
 
Snails work very well for curing that issue. The brown algae is commonly referred to as diatoms and is a normal process of your tank cycling.
 
How old is this tank? That rock looks very well established. Personally I don't think it's diatoms at all. Have you tried blowing it off using a turkey baster?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new