Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, it seems to be working, but I can't access the doser without being connected via USB. I put in the right info for wifi, but I can't connect. I've tried static IP, automatic, etc...nothing. I really hope one day you'll abandon your current software for something that's more user friendly and doesn't require a PC to do anything? I absolutely love your hardware, but your software isn't something I can get behind, especially now that so many devices have apps that work out of the box and allow you to update firmware, program and control via the cloud, without using a PC or a cable.
Apologies, but it's very frustrating not being to fully use your gear because of software alone.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I think your doser wifi module state is "stuck". (Personally got this issue)
Try to change settings to AP mode and do power cycle, change again to client and do power cycle again. Of course triple check your client settings. Try this several time if won't work first.
It's not a GCC software issue but a wifi module issue. In future I think all dosers model (not only maxi) will be 2.2 with same wifi module as P4, which is better to setup.

Gael

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,
I think your doser wifi module state is "stuck". (Personally got this issue)
Try to change settings to AP mode and do power cycle, change again to client and do power cycle again. Of course triple check your client settings. Try this several time if won't work first.
It's not a GCC software issue but a wifi module issue. In future I think all dosers model (not only maxi) will be 2.2 with same wifi module as P4, which is better to setup.

Gael
Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a check with my spare P4 and a spare Doser 2.1 SA and latest GCC in order to see if I could repeat your experiences. However - it works for me - no problems. My aquarium have run for more than 6 years now and I´m always worried that a hardware problem will cause me problems with this aquarium. Hence - I try to have backups of every critical equipment I have. Therefore have I bought used GHL gears when it has been possible here in Sweden. In one case - I bought 2 very good used GHL doser 2.1 SA (one is my spare Dose 2.1) and run into network issues with both of them. Not even possible to use the wired RJ45 connection. After a couple of hours - I suddenly get them to work very well - even with my WiFi. I did use the trick @Gaël tell about - but if I remember right - I had to do it at last twice. I did see a GHL doser network in my WiFi settings of my phone as Gaël stated - Thats was the reason why I test different modes back and forward.
"see" a GHL Doser wifi network (without being able to connect to it) despite a setting requesting client mode?
I have a question for you Gaël, I have some doser 2 and 2.2 SA that I run in slave mode. When I update their FW - still in slave mode - which FW should I use - for Stand Alone or slave. I have two SA in slave mode - one 2.0 with 1.36 slave FW and one 2.2 with SA FW 1.40. I´m going to update these to latest FW (still use them in slave mode) - which FW should I use - PAB device or SA. Further on - There is two different FW as PAB device GHL Doser - EXT V143.mhx and GHL doser slave V136.mhx The -EXT FW is new - never seen it before. Should it be used to all SA running in slave mode (2.0 and 2.1 and the new Maxi 2.2) The SA FW is GHL doser standalone V143. To simplify - which FW should you use to a SA unit that runs in slave mode.

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a check with my spare P4 and a spare Doser 2.1 SA and latest GCC in order to see if I could repeat your experiences. However - it works for me - no problems. My aquarium have run for more than 6 years now and I´m always worried that a hardware problem will cause me problems with this aquarium. Hence - I try to have backups of every critical equipment I have. Therefore have I bought used GHL gears when it has been possible here in Sweden. In one case - I bought 2 very good used GHL doser 2.1 SA (one is my spare Dose 2.1) and run into network issues with both of them. Not even possible to use the wired RJ45 connection. After a couple of hours - I suddenly get them to work very well - even with my WiFi. I did use the trick @Gaël tell about - but if I remember right - I had to do it at last twice. I did see a GHL doser network in my WiFi settings of my phone as Gaël stated - Thats was the reason why I test different modes back and forward.

I have a question for you Gaël, I have some doser 2 and 2.2 SA that I run in slave mode. When I update their FW - still in slave mode - which FW should I use - for Stand Alone or slave. I have two SA in slave mode - one 2.0 with 1.36 slave FW and one 2.2 with SA FW 1.40. I´m going to update these to latest FW (still use them in slave mode) - which FW should I use - PAB device or SA. Further on - There is two different FW as PAB device GHL Doser - EXT V143.mhx and GHL doser slave V136.mhx The -EXT FW is new - never seen it before. Should it be used to all SA running in slave mode (2.0 and 2.1 and the new Maxi 2.2) The SA FW is GHL doser standalone V143. To simplify - which FW should you use to a SA unit that runs in slave mode.

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse,

A Doser SA in slave mode (named extension or EXT now) remain physically a SA and must be updated as a SA, he can't be updated through PAB.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse,

A Doser SA in slave (named extension or EXT now) remain physically a SA and must be updated as a SA, he can't be updated through PAB.

Gaël
But in the PAB FW section - there is a FW update thats is named GHL Doser - EXT V143.mhx - caní I use that in slave mode as a PAB update?

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But in the PAB FW section - there is a FW update thats is named GHL Doser - EXT V143.mhx - caní I use that in slave mode as a PAB update?

Sincerely Lasse
I know that, but as I said don't try this, this won't work, GCC can't know if Doser EXT is a true EXT doser or a SA in EXT mode, it's why PAB update option is show.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - Next question - need I to convert my SA doser in slave mode to a a SA unit bwefore FW update or can I just disconnect it from my PAB network and update directly through the USB connection and GCC without change it to SA mode?

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - Next question - need I to convert my SA doser in slave mode to a a SA unit before FW update or can I just disconnect it from my PAB network and update directly through the USB connection and GCC without change it to SA mode?

Sincerely Lasse
You can directly

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Les doseurs EXT sont-ils les nouveaux modèles commençant par Maxi 2.2 (ayez-en un au bureau de poste au moment où nous parlons)

Cordialement Lasse
Extension/EXT is new name for slave, for all 2.x

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I switched it 4 times and power cycled each time and still no luck connecting via wifi. I made sure "MyGHL" was enabled and even switched that too. I'll submit a support ticket once I move everything back into my display, as I have a different doser ready to go and programmed. The light pulses blue after it cycles, but as soon as I open the app and try to connect it goes white.

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My doser will access gcc or myghl via wifi or lan and then lose connection 2 minutes later. Any ideas?

Philooch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant access the pdf file at work, and im in need of a little help. I had a 2.1 slave doser connected to my profilux4 and it was working perfect. IT has since burned out and i bought a replacement from a user on this site. It's the same model and a slave also and connected it via pab wire and its not being found in ghl connect. I saw someone on another post that you have to change the doser to standalone to slave? can anyone explain how to do that. ?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant access the pdf file at work, and im in need of a little help. I had a 2.1 slave doser connected to my profilux4 and it was working perfect. IT has since burned out and i bought a replacement from a user on this site. It's the same model and a slave also and connected it via pab wire and its not being found in ghl connect. I saw someone on another post that you have to change the doser to standalone to slave? can anyone explain how to do that. ?

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Good evening Vinny. I’m having issues with not being able to detect the hotspot on the Maxi 2.2 during the initial WiFi setup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back