Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I get in case it is different from your setup.

Click the "Calibrate the pump now..." button and a text box is displayed. Click the Yes button in the text box and the 1 min calibration test begins.

calibration1file-5.jpeg

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefmiser, Good news!

Vinny was able to help me through this over email this afternoon and the issue resolved now. I can adjust the speed of the dosers just fine now. Thanks for your replies this morning. It was good to know that the speed adjustment setting works for you.

Here are the steps in case anyone else runs into it.
  • First, I temporarily removed the PAB cable for the Powerbar per Vinny's instructions. This is step one of upgrading the firmware.
  • Next, I went into the System section of GCC on the left pane and noticed only my Profilux4 showed up.
  • I clicked the “Assign Devices” button on the system page and assigned the doser to GCC. Restarted the doser 2.1, P4, and reconnected from within GCC. Went back into system and now I could see the Doser. The info about the Doser included the version number.
  • Vinny said to make sure it is at v1.24 and if not to update the firmware, which I did as follows:
    • In GCC, click Extras, select FIRMWARE UPDATE in the PAB section.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and select the Doser 2 Slave firmware file, GHL-Doser2-Slave_v124.mhx
    • Once the update is complete, restart the doser and reconnect all your other PAB-devices; Powerbar5.1, etc.
    • Disconnect from GCC and reconnect.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefwiser, Thanks to you and Vinny, my ATO is toping off at a rate of 37ml/min, which is plenty fast now. The video is very helpful.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vinny,

Few weeks ago I calibrated CA/ALK and initially and was getting 45ML/Min on each so that is what I started with. However, after a few weeks I was noticing my Alk container was much less used then CA container. Therefore on 7/31 I decided to calibrate both again and CA was at 40ML/Min and ALK was at 20ML/Min. Assuming I had found the problem as why my ALK was constantly running low so adjusted. Yesterday I tested my Alk and it was at 9.3DKH (from 8.5 3 days prior). I decided to calibrate again and this time Alk was at 45ml/Min. What is causing the Alk to calibrate at 20ML one week and then later 45ML? Only thing i did in between was fill my dosing container - could this be it? How often do I need to clean or prime this unit to avoid any discrepancy in reading and how often do I calibrate? I even made sure that all the air bubbles where out of the tubes when calibrating.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vinny,

Few weeks ago I calibrated CA/ALK and initially and was getting 45ML/Min on each so that is what I started with. However, after a few weeks I was noticing my Alk container was much less used then CA container. Therefore on 7/31 I decided to calibrate both again and CA was at 40ML/Min and ALK was at 20ML/Min. Assuming I had found the problem as why my ALK was constantly running low so adjusted. Yesterday I tested my Alk and it was at 9.3DKH (from 8.5 3 days prior). I decided to calibrate again and this time Alk was at 45ml/Min. What is causing the Alk to calibrate at 20ML one week and then later 45ML? Only thing i did in between was fill my dosing container - could this be it? How often do I need to clean or prime this unit to avoid any discrepancy in reading and how often do I calibrate? I even made sure that all the air bubbles where out of the tubes when calibrating.

I had a similar issue, are you using soft tubing and a suction cup holder for your dosing lines? I ended up calibrating exactly where the lines were in my sump (which was tricky as there isn't a lot of space) and it has been holding fairly true since then. Do you use the max speed for dosing? I slowed mine from setting 3 to 2 and that seemed to help, too. Hope this helps :)

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue, are you using soft tubing and a suction cup holder for your dosing lines? I ended up calibrating exactly where the lines were in my sump (which was tricky as there isn't a lot of space) and it has been holding fairly true since then. Do you use the max speed for dosing? I slowed mine from setting 3 to 2 and that seemed to help, too. Hope this helps :)

Thanks I did not think the position would make a different when calibrating. I just can't believe the discrepancy went from 20 to 45 just by moving the tubes into a collection cup. The calcium I did the same way and discrepancy was only 5ML. My sump has a build in Tube holder but since I have a 12" waterline it becomes submerged when I shut off the return pump.. So I can't even use it at this time - If I cut the blue tube its still going to hit the bottom part where the tube feed into.

20170214_224221.jpg

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will run the tube directly into the tube groves and bend it outwards so it drops in to the return chamber. Calibrate it and let it be. Based on calculation I dropped extra 68ML of Alk in 3 days raising the 1 DKH. I have since reduced the Alk dosing and hopefully can maintain at 8.5 with 8-9DKH range.

welly18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a similar problem. My Doser2.1 won't connect to the GHL control Center. Driver is updated. I had it connected for about 2 min after I unplugged the Doser to reset it and then the control center stopped responding

welly18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im having a similar problem. My Doser2.1 won't connect to the GHL control Center. Driver is updated. I had it connected for about 2 min after I unplugged the Doser to reset it and then the control center stopped responding
Also my Doser is flashing Blue

ShinyRobot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how I can contact someone at GHL? I ordered something from their USA store on Friday and it's STILL in "processing" status, even though they've already charged me. There is NO contact information anywhere on their website - which is very strange for a storefront.

I also saw on their "Store policies" page that they don't accept returns of any kind and don't offer return shipping - even if it's broken or doesn't work?? Buyer beware I guess... https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/store-policies/

This may be ok in Germany, but isn't acceptable in the US. I would recommend they start selling through Amazon or BRS and other retailers, if they don't want to deal with the direct-to-consumer issues.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how I can contact someone at GHL? I ordered something from their USA store on Friday and it's STILL in "processing" status, even though they've already charged me. There is NO contact information anywhere on their website - which is very strange for a storefront.

I also saw on their "Store policies" page that they don't accept returns of any kind and don't offer return shipping - even if it's broken or doesn't work?? Buyer beware I guess... https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/store-policies/

This may be ok in Germany, but isn't acceptable in the US. I would recommend they start selling through Amazon or BRS and other retailers, if they don't want to deal with the direct-to-consumer issues.

Contact information is located at the bottom-right, support section.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco and Vinny also regularly check the GHL forum here on this site and can be PM'd. I'm not too sure about the return policy, but in my experience they stand behind their products. They also have an active Facebook group where users collaborate on tips and troubleshooting.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ShinyRobot
As mentioned above and on our website, we were away for MACNA over the weekend. Given weather conditions on the way back, shipping did not restart until Wednesday. Orders are now going out in the order they were received. If you haven't received a UPS tracking number yet, you will be getting one shortly. :)

Any questions you have about your order can be sent using the order confirmation email you received when the order was placed.

ShinyRobot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ShinyRobot
As mentioned above and on our website, we were away for MACNA over the weekend. Given weather conditions on the way back, shipping did not restart until Wednesday. Orders are now going out in the order they were received. If you haven't received a UPS tracking number yet, you will be getting one shortly. :)

Any questions you have about your order can be sent using the order confirmation email you received when the order was placed.
Thanks Vinny for responding, much appreciated. I chose GHL over Apex for a number of reasons and have been extremely happy with my Doser 2.1 so far. I would recommend getting your contact info on the global footer though. When an online storefront doesn't have a support phone number somewhere visible I start to second-guess my purchase. :)

TangingOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the 2.1 doser be set up with just a phone app? or would I have to pick up used laptop? I'm a Mac user so no PCs in the house.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the 2.1 doser be set up with just a phone app? or would I have to pick up used laptop? I'm a Mac user so no PCs in the house.

This was my questions initially. NO..you have to use your windows PC to connect the doser to your home Wifi network. Once your doser connected to your home network you can use your smartphone to set your dosing schedule.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my doser just using the WiFi hotspot of the doser. You go into your WiFi settings on your phone and look for GHL and then connect to its WiFi then you can access the doser thru your phone app. If you want to use it with the myGHL could then you will need to use GCC to join your home network. I use VMware Fusion and a basecamp image of windows 10 when I need to access GCC

Back