Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

ShinyRobot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my doser just using the WiFi hotspot of the doser. You go into your WiFi settings on your phone and look for GHL and then connect to its WiFi then you can access the doser thru your phone app. If you want to use it with the myGHL could then you will need to use GCC to join your home network. I use VMware Fusion and a basecamp image of windows 10 when I need to access GCC

Wouldn't you need to change your wifi settings each time you wanted to modify the doser though? I had to use an old Windows laptop we still had to set it up. Ever since though I can connect to the doser using GHL Control app. I have heard a new app is coming out, I'm hoping that it allows you to set up the wifi there directly.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you do but it doesn’t take 3 seconds to do[emoji3] I did it like that for the first year I had mine it was never a big deal. I did a video on the new App.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am having some troubles connecting my ghl doser to wifi and accessing through the GHL Control Center App. I had it working well for about a year, but since moving in May I have not been able to set it back up. Today I was finally able to get the wifi setup on the doser. The doser wouldn't show up in my connected devices page of my router, but it would connect through the GHL Control Center when I attempted to connect it. So, I reserved an IP address for the device. Even though I am able to connect to the doser wirelessly through my computer, I still can't get it to connect through the app. Any suggestions?

bigdbears54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello does anyone use the 2.1 slave unit?Slave unit will not configure pumps 5-8. I have seen many other people have this problem in other threads and forums and have not seen much on a solution other than the newest version of ghl control center does not work with slave 2.1 must use earlier version of control center but which version?I have version v1099 of ghl control center I believe which is the newest. Anyone help!

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello does anyone use the 2.1 slave unit?Slave unit will not configure pumps 5-8. I have seen many other people have this problem in other threads and forums and have not seen much on a solution other than the newest version of ghl control center does not work with slave 2.1 must use earlier version of control center but which version?I have version v1099 of ghl control center I believe which is the newest. Anyone help!

GHL is looking into the matter, but my Doser 2 slave works fine and has Firmware 1.19 and the latest GCC software.

bigdbears54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if if can just download older firmware on just my slave in system settings highlight slave.

bigdbears54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout of to Vinny from GHL for responding to me so quickly even on a Saturday. Easy fix A+CUSTOMER SERVICE GHL!!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the November time frame was what they where saying at Macna. Of coarse it depends on if there are any bugs preventing it to be released.

afish4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like some ideas here. I can't get the gcc app to work anymore remotely . I have powered of my doser and restarted. I can connect via the Web page remotely, I can connect with the app in the house bUT when I leave wifi I can't connect with the app. Failure to connect.
Doser ip doesn' appear to have changed

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL Control app is for LOCAL use; within the range of your WiFi network.

If you need to access the doser outside of your network, use myGHL.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have to use myGHL if you are not on the network it is configured on. If you are using GHL Control I believe that only works when you are on the network the doser is on and myGHL is for remote access. I am not sure if the new GHL Connect app functions in a similar fashion but I imagine that is the problem you are running in to?

afish4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so I have tried to finish up getting this doser to work. its been 6 months of headaches and problems. So I gave up awhile back and decided to try again this past weekend. setting up the calibration was nothing but problems via wifi. Hours lost this weekend. I kept getting an error connection 50 (or error 28)in the middle of the setup. so I figure program update and see if that helps. I decided today to download Gcc V1.1.0.0 ( I had v.1.0.9.7) here is where another problem starts now.
device manager shows ghl virtual commpuications port (com4)
I open gcc program, connect via usb and goto the firmware update, I get to boot loader and now it says usbvcom (com5) With a yellow triangle saying windows can't load the driver
I go to the manual install driver and it says I have the latest driver! I still have the yellow triangle but it shows usbvcom 5 and I try to go with it.
I can get to step 4
Error: update can't be started!
Reset the device by disconnecting it from power for a few seconds.

so currently instead of having just one problem I have 2 :(

I have now tried the uninstall program to remove the driver
gone back through and reinstalled the gcc program.
went through all the steps above and it seems to have let me update. question is how do I know if it did what it said it did. firmware still says 1.24 is that the latest?

I'm continuing this figuring that everything took correctly. I now go back and connect via wifi and calibrate the dosing pump 1. click yes to the pop up and then get "communications error"
"error code 50"

Yes I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

I went back and try the firmware update again to check if it was ok and it errored out saying that it couldn't start.

Last edited:

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so I have tried to finish up getting this doser to work. its been 6 months of headaches and problems. So I gave up awhile back and decided to try again this past weekend. setting up the calibration was nothing but problems via wifi. Hours lost this weekend. I kept getting an error connection 50 (or error 28)in the middle of the setup. so I figure program update and see if that helps. I decided today to download Gcc V1.1.0.0 ( I had v.1.0.9.7) here is where another problem starts now.
device manager shows ghl virtual commpuications port (com4)
I open gcc program, connect via usb and goto the firmware update, I get to boot loader and now it says usbvcom (com5) With a yellow triangle saying windows can't load the driver
I go to the manual install driver and it says I have the latest driver! I still have the yellow triangle but it shows usbvcom 5 and I try to go with it.
I can get to step 4
Error: update can't be started!
Reset the device by disconnecting it from power for a few seconds.

so currently instead of having just one problem I have 2 :(

I have now tried the uninstall program to remove the driver
PM me, Please.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back