Need help setting up your ProfiLux 4? *** PC edition ***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto
Thanks but i have already added 2 pumps to Stream Group 1 (Port L1/2)so do i add my next 2 pumps to Stream Group 2 (Port L3/4) and programme ?

i feel lost
Hey Ditto, Quick Question. Is there a way to setup a mixing station pump on/off schedule without scheduling multiple timer settings? Example would be running a mixing station pump for 10 minutes every 2 hrs every day.

Use the cyclic command for the timer do it all the time. It allows you to set how long to stay on and then the pause between the next time it logs on. Saves time settin

Here is mine

81931DFC-AEAB-44FF-92DC-3856D9947046.png

C45679B5-D9AB-4320-B50B-68E6BC41DF2D.png

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Ditto. I was playing around with the P4 yesterday and that's exactly what what i did. I was just a little confused on the min and max time but eventually figured it out. My mixing station is up and running but with just RODI water cycling. My tank is not due to arrive until mid October so i have had plenty of time to get familiar with the P4. Seems like a rock solid controller as long as you can maintain WiFi connection which i took care of with Xfinity Pods. I am sure i will have a few more questions once I get everything installed and running in a few months. Again, thanks allot.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FLSharkvictim - what problem are you having on the hook up of the unit? I have assisted quite a few people :)

Here is a good thread with @Be102 showing the steps to get the unit up and running.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/need-help-connecting-to-p4-wifi.531904/

It not the same as a Apex, but also not to hard, make sure you update to the latest wireless firmware and P4 code.
I sold off all my GHL controllers and dosers and switched back o all Neptune due to the fact that Neptune controllers are lot easier to set up and they are MAC compatible.

Last edited:

just4kicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me? I am following the guide from page one to setup my new Proflux 4. I get the connection added but when I try to open the connection GCC just closes down. I have deleted the connection, set it up again several times but always with the same result. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having issues,

When you say you get the connection added, can you explain which connection. Are you doing the one in the GHL Connect App when attempting to connect to the HotSpot or the GHL Desktop Application via USB cable.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a TCP/IP setup?

If it is - set up it again the way you should. Close down your GCC totally - do not try to connect - just close the GCC. Open it up again and now you will find your set up to the right. Dubbel click and it will probably open the right way.

I have noted before that everytime you change the TCP/IP setting - you have to close GCC and start it again before you try too open the new connection.

I´m not adware that this is valid for USB connections too. I always shout down the GCC after a change of administration issues - and restart the program before I try to connect.

Sincerely Lasse

Stepps

1619889676119.png

1619889796639.png

You will see the new connection (here it is test) but DO NOT start now. Just shout the whole program down (the x in the red circle.

1619889893394.png

Restart GCC

1619890029036.png

Press ok

Dubble click the new icon (test in my case)

1619890104756.png

@Vinny@GHLUSA This is probably a bug - it have been in this way for a long time. I do not know if it is fixed now because I always do this way.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold off all my GHL controllers and dosers and switched back o all Neptune.
Yes we know that now - can you please stop to destroy every GHL thread with this comment.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

just4kicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your having issues,

When you say you get the connection added, can you explain which connection. Are you doing the one in the GHL Connect App when attempting to connect to the HotSpot or the GHL Desktop Application via USB cable.
The desktop application with the USB cable.

Tadasreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-11-13_13-56-26.png

If you're a new GHL ProfiLux 4 owner or need a guide to show you how functions are setup, we have just the thing for you!

In our ProfiLux 4 Resource Guide, we show you how to setup your ProfiLux from the moment you take it out of the box. We've also included an easy to follow TO-DO list which shows new owners the steps to take as they get their controller up and running for the first time.

In this resource guide, you will find instructions for:
  • First time P4 setup
  • Wi-Fi setup
  • myGHL setup
  • Basic temperature control
  • Auto Top Off control
  • Auto Water Change control
  • Leakage detection
  • 1-10v pump setup
  • Dosing pump schedule setup
  • And so much more
Resource guide also includes:
  • Direct links to our HOW-TO videos
  • Direct links to our GHL Downloads page
  • Shortcuts for accessing functions right from the P4 touch keys
  • Programmable logic examples!

Additionally, this guide will explain the ins and out of GHL Control Center and how to navigate it.

Last but not least, we show you how to connect to the ProfiLux 4 through our GHL Connect app without even using the PC software!

Right out of the box, you will be able to get connect to the P4 when you use the GHL CONNECT app for android and iOS devices.

To download this guide, simply follow this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpd9a7eaa4c4mbl/ProfiLux 4 Resource Guide.pdf?dl=0
Hello, i just bought new P4, i connected everything using your manual. But now for whole week it doesn't connect, my simple power bar from amazon works better then you piece equipment for $900

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back