Need help understanding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tkdman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
currently have my skimmer and return pump (both reef octopus varios) set up as stream pumps and in seperate stream groups, using the 1-10v control for speeds.
The stream group says the proper percentage, however they show up in illumination with a completely different percentage?
I have confirmed that the voltage is not fluctuating and matches what it should for the percentage i set, not sure whats going on or why? Any ideas?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the pumps assigned as Stream pumps in the 1-10v settings page, then the illumination settings have nothing to do with the pumps as they react only to the settings entered in each stream group.

If the pumps are assigned as Illumination in the 1-10v page, then stream groups have no involvement in the pump's behavior. In this case, the pumps only react based on the percentages entered in the illumination channel.

More information on stream group settings can be found here:

OP
OP
tkdman

tkdman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the pumps assigned as Stream pumps in the 1-10v settings page, then the illumination settings have nothing to do with the pumps as they react only to the settings entered in each stream group.

If the pumps are assigned as Illumination in the 1-10v page, then stream groups have no involvement in the pump's behavior. In this case, the pumps only react based on the percentages entered in the illumination channel.

More information on stream group settings can be found here:
Ok, so it looks like there was a default illumination cycle for the two pumps that was reading in illumination meanwhile the stream group was actually doing the controlling. Seems like that could be disabled with some programming code by GHL. Also is there a way to have stream groups put in my dashboard similiar to illumination? I looked and it didnt seem to be an option?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I follow...

All 1-10v channels default to an Illumination channel until the user goes in and sets it to the desired function. This is part of the stream pump setup process. If it is set to Illumination, the pumps will follow the illumination settings. If set to Stream pump, it will follow the settings of a stream group. Not both.

Stream group tile is on the to-do list.

OP
OP
tkdman

tkdman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I follow...

All 1-10v channels default to an Illumination channel until the user goes in and sets it to the desired function. This is part of the stream pump setup process. If it is set to Illumination, the pumps will follow the illumination settings. If set to Stream pump, it will follow the settings of a stream group. Not both.

Stream group tile is on the to-do list.
Yes I was saying that a line of code to remove the default illumination settings when you put it into stream mode would help alleviate the confusion. Or at lease disable it from showing in the illumination tab with percentages.
Does that make sence. For example i had my skimmer pump set to 65% it showed as 65% in stream pump settings, but showed 100% in illumination. That is what caused my confusion earlier.
On a side note if i want my skimmer to turn off when the ph is above 8.3 what is the logic for that. Right now i have ph nominal 8.3 with a hysteresis of .05. I attached a screenshot of the logic im using. Just double checking.
SmartSelect_20200611-135137_GHL Connect.jpg

OP
OP
tkdman

tkdman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The logic doesnt seem to be working. Ph is 8.36 now. Since i am running my skimmer with a recirculating co2 scrubber i want to avoid the ph going too high. The skimmer is 1-10v controlled. What logic would i use to have it cut the stream group 2 off when ph reaches 8.36?
Came from apex with if then statements.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back