Need help with Apex VDM Module

Salty Carlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tore my old tank down and started a new build. I did a factory reset on my apex as I was having issues setting up. everything is working just fine now except my VDM module has a green status light and the light turns on and off randomly on it's own. When I search my module on the classic dashboard it says OLD. My powerheads that are connected to the VDM show on my dashboard but I cannot control them. Any ideas I have tried using different aqua bus cables and different ports and I did update the module with no change.
1234.jpg

WesleyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 002(OLD), up top on the screen, select the VDM model, then select "Update Firmware", click "Submit Module Change". Wait a couple of minutes, come back to the model page and you'll see the (OLD) changes to (OK).

To reset the VDM model, you can use a pin to push the reset button on the VDM module. Just push the reset button for one second and you'll see the status light changes, and a couple of seconds later, it should change to solid green.

See if that helps.

OP
OP
Salty Carlo

Salty Carlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried updating the module, it now says ok and no longer showing old but the status light is still turning on and off and still unable to control my power heads.

OP
OP
Salty Carlo

Salty Carlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been going back and forth with tech support and couldn't figure it out. They asked me to ship it back to them so they can test it as it is still covered under warranty.

OP
OP
Salty Carlo

Salty Carlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my VDM has been tested by Neptune's tech and found to be faulty and repaired under warranty and has been shipped back to me.

Back