Need help with aquarium stand.

tdiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
71
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my own stand for a 60 gallon rimless cube. I was testing the tank on the stand and it doesn't look like the plywood is flat. There is a bump on the right left side thats causing the front left edge to float. They screws are covered, so pretty hard to remove them. I added about 15 gallons to see if it would help and so far doesn't look like much change. Do I need more water or wait longer in it to get the plywood to flatten? If it can't flatten out by itself some options I was thinking of are pouring some self leveling epoxy, this foam pad, maybe a sheet of 1/8th ply? Suggestions?

20250121_184413.jpg 20250121_184458.jpg 20250121_185423.jpg 20250120_122637.jpg
 
So it is sitting on foam. In the second picture you can the edge of it sticking out from the corner of the tank. But i can still slide a card under it with no resistance. I'm wondering if it'll even out if just leave it alone for 58 hours or get something thicker like a yoga mat.
 
1737511286967.png

Looking back at this photo, i can see the bumps shadow. It looks like the plywood bunched up? I'm going to try to remove a screw or two.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new