Need help with Clarisea

mccune

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Clarisea a few months ago and finally put it in. I received a baffle from my sump to make sure it fit and had plenty of room.
My issue is that the Clarisea is installed and sitting in around 8” of water as recommended. My issue is that the system is not automatically engaging. I can run the roll manually but if I leave the unit it never kicks on and moves the roll.
I used 1” pvc to connect the plumbing to the Clarisea but did not glue the elbow to the rest of my plumbing, I am not sure if that it the issue or

any one have any other issues with their Clarisea or have any advice on how to get my unit working properly

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be a basic question, but you have got the automatic version and not the manual version, they make two ?

It has a float switch that when raised by the water level triggers the roll to move on, that’s basically all there is to it to make it work. So it might be a faulty float switch/motor

OP
OP
mccune

mccune

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the automatic version with the sk5000 with float switch

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading another thread yesterday, not sure it was the clarisea, but everyone was complaining about a wire pulling out of the control box from shipping.

Like I said though, not sure if that applies here.

Eight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you raise the float switch with your hand does the motor turn? If it doesn't then there's something wrong with the wiring.

If the motor does turn when the float is raised then the problem is probably with the plumbing, the way you threaded the filter or maybe you don't have the feeding door closed on the bottom of the Clarisea.

OP
OP
mccune

mccune

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried moving the float switch and nothing happens so I’m guessing that either the float is dead or the wire pulled out of the controller like others have said. I going to contact BRS.

Back