Need help with clownfish

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two clownfish are fight and I don’t know why.
I got them as a pair

Attachments

• IMG_0374.MOV
    75.7 MB

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove the aggressor to an acclimation box. They do not look old enough to be a pair, you may have ended up with a transitioning two females.

hangurber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has this been going on for? Mine were complete jerks to each other for a bit, even to the point where a few were crammed up behind a powerhead for a few days but would always come out to eat. I panicked but decided to wait and now everything is okay but there are spats here and there.

I'd say its okay as long as they are both eating and there isn't any serious damage to the fins.

OP
OP
wolt

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it just started out today. yesterday everything seemed fine and they were eating

OP
OP
wolt

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They still hang near each other but then the “female” will just start chasing it away. It seems like the male doesn’t want to submit anymore

hangurber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They still hang near each other but then the “female” will just start chasing it away. It seems like the male doesn’t want to submit anymore

Mine can be silly like that sometimes, they all hang out and then will get mad at each other. I'd go with Tahoe's advice if you are really worried. I've got 4 juveniles in mine and after a few rough days, the aggression settled out. It looks like you've got enough room for them to move around too.

Daveouthere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two clownfish are fight and I don’t know why.
I got them as a pair
I’ve had mine for 3 months now I got them as a pair they looked so good at the store I got them they were good for acouple of days then they started to fight I let it go on for acouple days and went I went to go get to rodi water at the store I let them know and he said keep an eye out on them if I see ripped fins or Damage to take the aggressor out and bring it back in to switch. I held off for a week they would be fine and then all a sudden start to fight. But let it play out and now they are perfect. My experience

Attachments

• 61716420968__8F4D9C6B-3ED0-4A94-87AD-871306A6F0AA.MOV
    1.5 MB

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is actually a good sign.
One has to act submissive, hence all the shaking and shimmy.

OP
OP
wolt

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the “male” used to shake and act submissive when I first got him but he’s not doing it as much now he’s just running away more

OP
OP
wolt

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the on that is getting bullied seems to have less color on its fins

image.jpg image.jpg

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to be the negative voice in the thread, but that looks pretty bad to me. Maroons are super aggressive and I've had more than a couple kill the other clownfish in very similar fashion. I'd think hard about removing one of them.

OP
OP
wolt

wolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve been thinking about taking one or both of them back to the LSFD and getting new ones

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not trying to be the negative voice in the thread, but that looks pretty bad to me. Maroons are super aggressive and I've had more than a couple kill the other clownfish in very similar fashion. I'd think hard about removing one of them.
Yup I did not realize they were Maroons. I have had to use an acclimation box for the last two pairs I bought. It did work, but without an acclimation box the aggressor would have killed the other.

reefer81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he looks quite pecked at to me, I would set up a little quarantine tank immediately.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back