Need help with fox face

  • Thread starter Thread starter BenVic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BenVic

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Location
Port Elizabeth
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what's going on with this fish. Can someone give me some guidance

Also looks like fins are being eaten by something.

I'm new to this and it's a setup I bought from someone

I am using Orca Res Q Med

20241014_214609.jpg 20241014_214605.jpg 20241014_214607.jpg 20241014_214602.jpg
 
Last edited:
Not sure what's going on with this fish. Can someone give me some guidance

Also looks like fins are being eaten by something.

I'm new to this and it's a setup I bought from someone

I am using Orca Res Q Med

20241014_214609.jpg 20241014_214605.jpg 20241014_214607.jpg 20241014_214602.jpg
These are mucus cones likely from a skin irritation and possibly mixed with ich. Often, other occupants show no signs but not to be ruled out. Keep an eye on them for first indicators of dots. for foxface, isolate in a quarantine tank and treat with coppersafe at therapeutic level 2.25 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
 
These are mucus cones likely from a skin irritation and possibly mixed with ich. Often, other occupants show no signs but not to be ruled out. Keep an eye on them for first indicators of dots. for foxface, isolate in a quarantine tank and treat with coppersafe at therapeutic level 2.25 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
Thank you so much for your time. If I may ask, what causes this
 
Thank you so much for your time. If I may ask, what causes this
Skin irritation from stress., water quality, light injury and exposure to other fish whether LFS or new arrivals
 
Not sure what's going on with this fish. Can someone give me some guidance

Also looks like fins are being eaten by something.

I'm new to this and it's a setup I bought from someone

I am using Orca Res Q Med

20241014_214609.jpg 20241014_214605.jpg 20241014_214607.jpg 20241014_214602.jpg
Looks like the scopas also has a few spots? If so, I’d say they both have ich, but at different stages of infection.

Are there invertebrates in the tank? Or do you have a treatment tank you can move all of the fish into?

The best treatments are either coppersafe or hyposalinity.

I can’t tell you if the product you have will work - I could not find its ingredient list online. Do you know what’s in it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new