Need help with icp

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time I’ve used fauna marine icp and I gotta say I like ati a thousand times more. Can someone who’s smarter at this help me understand what’s going on. Thanks In advance!

0477B93F-6310-4F71-9A90-BC8C9104C74A.png

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the first time I’ve used fauna marine icp and I gotta say I like ati a thousand times more. Can someone who’s smarter at this help me understand what’s going on. Thanks In advance!

0477B93F-6310-4F71-9A90-BC8C9104C74A.png
Assuming you're concerned about the high levels of certain metals, etc - are you doing water changes? Any additives? I assume with a 500 gallon system you're doing all the right things with RODI, etc. What was the reason you sent the test? were there problems? If not - I would say 'nothing is going on'?

OP
OP
Cabinetman

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you're concerned about the high levels of certain metals, etc - are you doing water changes? Any additives? I assume with a 500 gallon system you're doing all the right things with RODI, etc. What was the reason you sent the test? were there problems? If not - I would say 'nothing is going on'?
Yes. I am set up with an rodi. The system has quite a bit of acro and other sps that seems to be doing fine but I have been loosing some euphillia. Especially frogspawn. The skeleton seems to deteriorate and fall apart while the one next to it is fine. Yes I’ve done some pretty major water changes and removed a bunch of mineral mud I had In my sump. I was adding some Red Sea colours and just using baked arm and hammer baking soda for alk and I was using a driveway melter for calcium which I stopped using thinking it could be causing my issues. I did have a few exposed deck screws close to my water that were rusting which I also covered with silicone to keep the water from affecting them. Should I be concerned about any of the results ? Do you see anything that’s out of whack or high enough to cause problems?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back