Need help with my anemone

John271189

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for advice I've had the anemone in my tank now 3 days it's settled in the rock but has closed up is that normal or is it ill/dieing

Thanks in advance

IMG-20221024-WA0003.jpeg

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@John271189 Welcome to R2R!

In my experience, it might close up if the water parameters are not acceptable or the flow is too strong. from what I can see, this looks like it just found a spot it prefers. These creatures will move around until they find a good spot they like. If you'd like to share some water parameters and more details, it might be helpful.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looks very young?

Anemones are very delicate creatures and need pristine water conditions to thrive. Not saying it can't be done in a new system, but this why we typically recommend waiting on anemones for at least a year. This way the tank has a chance to stabilize, and you as a young reefer know what to do, and look for if things start going south.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 days really isn't a long time for a nem imo. It may still be acclimation to your parameters. You can help it by keeping your water stable as possible so the nem can get to the finish line without it being moved/reset along the way... So to speak

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back