Need help with what to add

  • Thread starter Thread starter mcbdz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mcbdz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2019
Messages
393
Reaction score
488
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, we have a 240gal DT. No corals as of yet but in the plans for later. Going on 8 months old.
Fish so far are:
1 ocellaris clown
1 storm clown
1 bi color blenny
1 royal gramma
1 redline wrasse
1 redhesded wrasse
1 foxface.
1 diamond goby
These are in the tank already.

In QT that will be added next week are:
1 Naso tang, !

1 yellow tang
1 sailfin
3 blue/green chromis

Other fish I do plan on are:

1royal blue tang
1 yellow eyed kole tang
1 or pair of green mandarin
5 more blue/green chromis if these continue to do good
Anthias(?)

I need to decide on a couple others? to add or not to add.
When I get the other tangs I would like to add a trio so need one or or would it be the same to add another fish about the same size and aggression? Possible an angel or trigger? ones I would consider are:

Niger Trigger
Coral beauty or flame angel

Any and all advise is welcome. Want to decide what will go in the QT when these are removed.
 
Last edited:
From what I have...
I absolutely love a Regal Angel as it is the only angel that never bothered my sps.
Also I have a Picasso triggerfish it has been in my tank and is very well behaved even with my two clams.
A flame hawkfish is another fish I would suggest.

A flame angel is IMHO one of the most beautiful small Angel's, unfortunately I can't have it in my tank... I have had one but it developed a taste for the clams or the Christmas tree worms, can't remember which, so I took it back to the LFS.

Those are some of the fish I would had. Hope others will chime in.
 
I would love a regal. Just afraid to spend that money. I did have it on my list though. I have my inverts that I really love though. Thought hawks would eat them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new