Need ID on this please.

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what it is. It's this long white stringy things all over my liverock. It's the best picture I could get for now.

0905141927.jpg
0905141929a.jpg
 
I have them in my tank also. As ugly as they are IMO, I don't think they actually cause any harm. I believe they are just collecting food. Thy wrap around various coral in my tank and none of them ever close up.
 
Either or doesn't really matter. If you don't like the looks then remove them. Otherwise they are harmless filter feeders, most of which don't last long in our tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new