Need new light ASAP

BeagleBro52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 20H tank with a Green star polyp currently. Had a Fluval Marine 3.0 light with the Wifi adapter so I could preset time, intensity, and all normal needs. I recently ordered 2 corals (palys, and zoas) that will be here in about a week. Imagine my surprise when I noticed the light last night wasn't doing a sundown cycle. Then not turning off. Then the Wifi didn't pop up for me to connect and check on it. I cannot adjust my light, the only way to turn it off and on is to unplug it to shut it off and then plug it back in to turn it on. The GSP seems to be unhappy and I think it may have to do with I can't tell what is going on with the light but it is super bright and the transition is super fast from day to night. What would be a good light to get? Like to order in the next 2 days. I would like to look at possibly getting an LPS (I like Acans) but right now I need something that works.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myabe two hipagero lights if you are on a budget. Depends on how much you want to spend.

SEAN REILLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As stated.....Depends on your Budget......I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 (54 Gallon Display and 3 Feet Long, And 21 Inches Deep......I wanted an SPS Dominant Reef So I went with #3 Red Sea 90Watt LED's (Instead Of The #2 That Comes with the RS 250-Deluxe......But I wound up Springing for #2 Of The New Kessil A 360X's For the Outer Sides, And the RS-90W in the Middle!......And WOW! (LET THERE BE LIGHT!) LOL!......

I REALLY LOVE the fact that You Can Control BOTH Color AND Intensity With The Kessil LED's With those 2 GLORIOUS Control Knobs!!......Don't have to Worry about any "Wonky" WiFi Drop-Outs! (Even Though I went with the Add on WiFi Dongles that plug into the "K" Ports (As My LFS was Having a "Throw in for $20.00" Sale on the WiFi Dongles!.......But I Still Got the New X-Controler From BRS (As I Wanted EVERY BACK-UP to The Back-Ups Possible!.........I'm telling You!......Even though they are a bit Pricey!.......You can't go wrong with a Kessil!.....And if you put a A-360X on YOUR Tank! You Could Grow Just about Anything!..........

Sean.

SEAN REILLY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, by the way!......If you are interested in a Brand New (IN THE BOX) Red Sea 90-Watt LED!.......I Have 2 Extra! LOL ....If you are interested in 1, Well I would be Glad To Work A GREAT Deal with you!......Mounting Arm Included!

Sean.

Reefer Optima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to connect to the lights by Bluetooth? I use Bluetooth to control my Fluval plant leds (nano 3.0) & find Bluetooth more reliable than wifi (just can't adjust away from home).

I would also check the Fluval app for updates. For some reason fluval seems to hide the updates and don't advertise when there is a new version out. When I first got my plant leds you could only set the 4 points of light & couldn't control moonlight automatically but they updated it a few times and added pro modes in addition to automatic and manual modes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back