Need Product help regarding coral nutrition

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have been in the hobby since 2015 and have had several tanks and now have a 1-month-old reef tank. I used to always use reef roids and I still like reef roids as coral food. Recently I have been looking for products for coral nutrition. i have been looking at an aqua forest nutrition plan however it involves me buying the AF amino mix, AF Build, AF energy, AF vitality, AF pure food, AF power food, AF growth boost. or should I just buy one bottle of the red sea AB+ reef energy. one is more expensive than the other. I'm just torn between the results of the red sea and the cost of the aqua forest. i see a lot of pictures and people's reef tanks that use aqua forest and look amazing but I'm not seeing a whole lot from the red sea AB reef energy. if anyone has any insight on which product I could use that would be great

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's probably not a huge difference going one way or the other to be honest. I use ReefEnergy AB+, Nyos Absolute Aminos and Nyos Coral Nectar every day. I also use either Reef Roids or Nyos Instant Plankton 2x per week and Nyos LPS power occasionally for my larger elegance, hammers, torches, etc.

With the exception of ReefEnergy AB+ I've kind of transitioned in to mainly Nyos food and supplements for my reef.

There are probably other aspects that contribute more to happy healthy corals, but my corals do seem to like and respond well to ReefEnergy AB+ and a $40 bottle lasts me 3-4 months.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's probably not a huge difference going one way or the other to be honest. I use ReefEnergy AB+, Nyos Absolute Aminos and Nyos Coral Nectar every day. I also use either Reef Roids or Nyos Instant Plankton 2x per week and Nyos LPS power occasionally for my larger elegance, hammers, torches, etc.

There are probably other aspects that contribute more to happy healthy corals, but my corals do seem to like and respond well to ReefEnergy AB+ and a $40 bottle lasts me 3-4 months.
Yeah thats what i have been thinking. i just have seen crazy good looking tanks with aqua forest. ill probably end up with the AB+ red sea because its allot cheaper.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thats what i have been thinking. i just have seen crazy good looking tanks with aqua forest. ill probably end up with the AB+ red sea because its allot cheaper.
A lot of folks like ReefEnergy AB+ because even though you need to refrigerate it, you can take out a week's worth at a time for auto-dosing. The AF is a bit more involved, but I have used some of their products in the past (AF Vitality, etc.)

I honestly couldn't say which (if either) performs better, as my corals have always done fairly well - so I don't think you could go wrong with either route.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of folks like ReefEnergy AB+ because even though you need to refrigerate it, you can take out a week's worth at a time for auto-dosing. The AF is a bit more involved, but I have used some of their products in the past (AF Vitality, etc.)

I honestly couldn't say which (if either) performs better, as my corals have always done fairly well - so I don't think you could go wrong with either route.
thanks man i appreciate it!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back