NEED REALLY NICE LID

  • Thread starter Thread starter TOMACONDA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TOMACONDA

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2024
Messages
253
Reaction score
156
Location
UPSTATE NEW YORK
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
72x30 x 24 looking for best custom lids?

Is plexi. Or acrylic a fine option ?

anyone point me in right direction as to where to order a super nice piece

IMG_4352.jpeg Did the old wire mesh DIY lid which works for now but it’s clunky and not great IMG_4292.jpeg
 
Look into kraken lids! Those are nice lids
 
Do you want solid or mesh?
 
Do you mind if it’s several independent sections/pieces?
 
When looking for a lid, make sure it is made from polycarbonate, not acrylic. If acrylic is used for this purpose, it will warp very quickly.
doesn't seem like kraken carries a 72x30 for a custom Planet Aquarium lid
 
Thank you I just reached out
You’re welcome. I have a kraken and not super happy. The mesh is like fishing line and yea it’s probably fine for most people but I like to rest stuff in top when doing maintenance and it sags and I feel won’t last long.

I got full polycarbonate lid from Walter for my 75g tank. He uses holes instead of mesh for ventilation. I got to customize how many rows and where I wanted them. He built the lid 100% to my spec for my 75g tank. 90$

Now I have a plank im hooking up and need a feed port, I’m having my right panel recreated with the custom cutout for the plank. 40$

Your tank is much larger so expect prices to scale upwards but I can tell you custom lids from other companies were over double the price
 
Last edited:
You’re welcome. I have a kraken and not super happy. The mesh is like fishing line and yea it’s probably fine for most people but I like to rest stuff in top when doing maintenance and it sags and I feel won’t last long.

Aren't all the major lid makers using the same mesh?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new