Need Recommendations For Fish to Add

Olympius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I currently have a reef tank with mostly soft corals (zoas, toadstools, mushrooms) and plan to add more.
I would like some opinions of good fish to add as I am struggling to determine good peaceful options.
I am considering adding a foxface, cardinal fish, and wrasses. Are there any others that may be good additions?

Below is my current stock list in my Redsea MaxS-500. I believe it is 120 gallons in the display.
1Fire shrimp
1 Skunk Shrimp
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Yellow Tang
1 purple Tang
1 White Tail Bristletooth Tang
2 firefish
2 Clownfish
1 Diamond Goby
1 Sandsifting Starfish
1 Lawnmower Blenny

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’ve heard that cardinal fish can become quite mean, I have 4 pajamas in one reef and 3 Bangaii in a 110 and haven’t seen them aggressive to others. If you establish a colony of pods, mandarins and Ruby red dragonets are neat as are scooter blennies.
there are tons of fairy wrasses that are quite colorful and great tank mates, canary blennies are amazingly beautiful but can be really hard to keep alive but the Midas blenny is almost as striking and do well (ours morphed to a brown, we think to mimic a bicolor in the tank).
Anthias can make colorful schools, but you really have to research because some seem impossible to keep like purple queens, but lyretails and orange seem popular. We have three orange.
I love your selection of tangs.
Other favorites of ours are yellow watchman goby paired with a pistol shrimp
Falcos hawkfish it seems to be the safest reef hawkfish. I have our with skunk cleaners, coral banded and peppermint shrimp and no problem, where as an arc eye, flame or longnose would probably consider them an appetizer.
Zebra (bar) gobies are not especially colorful but a school of three or more is nice as they are always out and about.
I have purple and red fire fish in the same aquarium, both schools of at least 3 and don’t seem to have issues, but could potentially be an issue.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back