Need some help with plumbing, please

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am absolutely atrocious with plumbing, unfortunately. Bump for more assistance!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add ball valves on each return for each partition and also modify the drains to have one drain on the top and another in the bottom (existing holes) with valves on each. Any tank not in use close the supply valve and open bottom drain to keep tank empty. Im afraid of combined quarantine for home fish and run 4 separate q tanks for my tank with filtration and heating for each and risk of cross contamination is high and also some fish migh need different treatments or might not tolerate higher levels of treatments....
I'd also use a very big UV on the drain and if u can also on the return so u kill bacteria or disease to m in NJ I'm.use infection when not treating (stop UV with most treatments).
Hope this helps.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd add ball valves on each return for each partition and also modify the drains to have one drain on the top and another in the bottom (existing holes) with valves on each. Any tank not in use close the supply valve and open bottom drain to keep tank empty. Im afraid of combined quarantine for home fish and run 4 separate q tanks for my tank with filtration and heating for each and risk of cross contamination is high and also some fish migh need different treatments or might not tolerate higher levels of treatments....
I'd also use a very big UV on the drain and if u can also on the return so u kill bacteria or disease to m in NJ I'm.use infection when not treating (stop UV with most treatments).
Hope this helps.
YES! UV IS GREAT!

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MSB123 For the return, since the dividers are flow through dividers (basically just one tank) do I need a ball valve on each return or just one to each tank and T'd off the return? If not a good idea please explain why. I'm trying to learn and understand things. :)
See drawing. I would change this a little. I need a elbow not a T on endof return manifold. And put union on pump instead of valve. Thanks.

QT plumbing drawing return2 copy.jpg )

Last edited:

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so sorry i have took so long to get back to this thread.. I promise i will draw a Quick sketch on how i would do it. I have been swamped at work and on my Sump room . I will Try to do it tonight or tomorrow ..

Erica

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back