Needed: Code help - Alert me if power usage is high during a specific timeframe

Cire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a Kessil AP700 running my reef. I want to write code to tell me if my light is on in the middle of the night judging from power usage. The light turns off at 10PM and back on at 10:15 am. If it's drawing anything MORE than 30 Watts during this time period I want to know. I've gotten OK with the coding, but have not used time as a parameter. Any help would be appreciated.

In case you're interested in elaboration: I had a power outage while I was gone on vacation once. When I got home I noticed my lighting schedule had shifted. I assume this is because the AP700 was out cold. Turned back on and just went into a default mode which lit the tank during night hours. I do know if there is a power outage as I get an alert. And next time this happens I will know to check to see how the light is functioning once power is restored. However I would love for there to be a specific alert should the light be drawing more watts than usual during OFF hours so that I can manually shut the light down and alleviate any potential issues. Thanks for any help.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back