Nem help!!

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.. i got this BTA that came on his own rock. I need him off because i don't want to put the rock in my tank. I watched a video that you can put a power head on them and they will get mad and let go. Well over 30min latter he doesn't seam to care about the direct flow. Any body have other tricks to get one to let go?

Speedy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very gently reach right down to the base of the foot with all your fingers and gently work to prise the foot off the rock. Lots of little movements . Slow and steady.

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey thats what my lfs said and ima just stick with that lol

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORRRRRR you can just put the rock in your tank until it moves off it and then just take it out if you dont wanna touch it to much

Speedy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly cos 9 times out of ten it WILL move wether you like it or not

Speedy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other sure way to get it to move is to place it exactly where you want it in your tank

OP
OP
Tbabcock

Tbabcock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.. the rock had green slime on on side and i didn't want it in my tank. The nem was crammed into a crevasse and i could not get to his foot so i gust brushed the rock real good and hope that crap doesn't spread in the tank.

MT. Reefer

Mt.Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.. the rock had green slime on on side and i didn't want it in my tank. The nem was crammed into a crevasse and i could not get to his foot so i gust brushed the rock real good and hope that crap doesn't spread in the tank.
I would take it out. If there is any green left on the rock it will grow back no matter how hard you scrubbed it. If you want to try the direct flow method, it may take days not hours. If you deprive it of light, that sometimes works. Others have used ice, but if you can't get the ice to it's foot, that won't do any good.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back